Nov 08, 2013 · Directed by Steve McQueen. With Chiwetel Ejiofor, Michael Kenneth Williams, Michael Fassbender, Brad Pitt. In the antebellum United States, Solomon Northup, a free black man from upstate New York, is abducted and sold into slavery.
- 2 min
12 Years a Slave is a 2013 biographical period-drama film and an adaptation of the 1853 slave memoir Twelve Years a Slave by Solomon Northup, a New York State-born free African-American man who was kidnapped in Washington, D.C., by two conmen in 1841 and sold into slavery.
- New Movie 2020 | 12 Years a Slave Full Movie HD | Chiwetel Ejiofor, Michael Kenneth Williamsyoutube.com
- 12 YEARS A SLAVE Trailer (2013) Steve McQueen Movieyoutube.com
- 12 Years a Slave Official Trailer #1 FULL HD Subtitulado por Cinescondite 3 2youtube.com
- Двенадцать лет рабства / 12 Years a Slave (2013) 1080рmy.mail.ru
12 Years a Slave Critics Consensus. It's far from comfortable viewing, but 12 Years a Slave's unflinchingly brutal look at American slavery is also brilliant -- and quite possibly essential -- cinema.
- drama, history, biography
Twelve Years a Slave is an 1853 memoir and slave narrative by American Solomon Northup as told to and edited by David Wilson.Northup, a black man who was born free in New York state, details his being tricked to go to Washington, D.C., where he was kidnapped and sold into slavery in the Deep South.
- Solomon Northup
12 Years a Slave brings it all to life and I didn't realise until I watched the film that there were kidnap gangs operating in the north. The only thing that lets this film down is the rather odd beginning and the (at times) less-than-clear dialogue. Apart from that, it is a very good film, but be prepared to be shocked by some of the violence.
12 Years a Slave, American dramatic film (2013), based on the 1853 memoir by Solomon Northup, that won three Oscars.
Twelve years a slave, Solomon Northup (1808 - 1863) Twelve Years a Slave is an 1853 memoir and slave narrative by American Solomon Northup as told to and edited by David Wilson. Northup, a black man who was born free in New York state, details his being tricked to go to Washington, D.C., where he was kidnapped and sold into slavery in the Deep ...
- Enhanced Edition
Gym operator PureGym has sparked a backlash after promoting a workout called "12 Years of Slave" to coincide with Black History Month. "Slavery was hard and so is this," the firm's Luton and ...
BBC via Yahoo Finance
3 weeks ago
- 12 Years a Slave Director Makes His Dazed and ConfusedNational Review via Yahoo News1 month ago
- ‘12 Years A Slave’ Screenwriter John Ridley On Processing Yet Another Shocking Police Shooting & Protest Aftermath: Guest ColumnDeadline via Yahoo News2 months ago
- ‘12 Years A Slave’ Director Steve McQueen Dedicates New Movies To George Floyd And Black Lives Matter MovementDeadline via Yahoo News5 months ago
- ’12 Years a Slave’ Director Steve McQueen Dedicates Cannes-Selected Films to George FloydVariety via Yahoo News5 months ago
- Steve McQueen On Capturing The Joys & Struggles With Racism Of London’s ’70s Black West Indies Culture In NYFF Opening Night...Deadline via Yahoo News1 month ago
12 Years a Slave is a testimony to the power of the human spirit and the enduring determination of hope. Solomon Northup is deceived, kidnapped, abused, removed from family, deprived of identity, and beaten into a long, weary, unjustified submission.
12 Years a Slave (2013) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more.
Feel-Good results for 12 Years a Slave
In the fall of 2013, weeks after 12 Years a Slave, a major motion picture based on the narrative, was released to great acclaim, the narrative was on the New York Times Best Seller List. Its renewed popularity as a book and a film underscores how America’s greatest human tragedy, chattel slavery and the legacy of racism and discrimination ...