December 16, 1971
People also ask
What happened on December 3, 1971?
What happened on December 24, 1971?
What happened in Pakistan in 1971?
Who was the British prime minister in 1971?
May 02, 2021 · On 16 December 1971, Pakistan ultimately called for unilateral ceasefire and surrendered its entire four-tier military to the Indian Army– hence ending the Indo-Pakistani war of 1971. On the ground, Pakistan suffered the most, with 8,000 killed and 25,000 wounded, while India only had 3,000 dead and 12,000 wounded.
- 3–16 December 1971 (13 days)
- Indian victory, Eastern front:, Surrender of East Pakistan military command, Western front:, Unilateral ceasefire
- Eastern Front:, India–East Pakistan border, Bay of Bengal, Pasha enclaves, Western Front:, India–Pakistan border, Line of Control, Zero Point, Indian Ocean, Arabian Sea
- Eastern Front:, Independence of East Pakistan as Bangladesh, Western Front:, Indian forces captured around 15,010 km² (5,795 sq mi) of land in the West but returned it in the 1972 Simla Agreement as a gesture of goodwill., Territory captured in Kashmir was retained by both sides and a new Line of Control defined.
May 03, 2021 · On 16 December 1971, Lt. Gen Amir Abdullah Khan Niazi, Chief Martial Law Administrator of East Pakistan and Commander of Pakistan Army forces located in East Pakistan signed the Instrument of Surrender. At the time of surrender only a few countries had provided diplomatic recognition to the new nation.
- 26 March – 16 December 1971
- Bangladeshi–Indian victory, Surrender of Pakistani forces
- Predominantly:, East Pakistan (present-day Bangladesh), Spillover:, Eastern Front:, India–East Pakistan border, India–East Pakistan enclaves, parts of East and Northeast India, Western Front:, India–West Pakistan border, Line of Control (Kashmir), Zero Point, Indian Ocean:, Bay of Bengal (Eastern Front), Arabian Sea (Western Front)
- East Pakistan secedes from Pakistan as the People's Republic of Bangladesh
3 days ago · December 16, 1971 (Thursday) The Pakistan Armed Forces surrendered to the Joint Forces of Bangladesh (the Mukti Bahini) and the Indian Armed Forces, bringing an end to the Bangladesh Liberation War and the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971.
May 04, 2021 · By the end of the war on 16 December 1971, the Indian army had isolated and surrounded the remnants of the 14th division in Sylhet and Bhairabbazar, the 39th division was cornered in Comilla and Chittagong, with all other areas of Sylhet, Comilla, Noakhali and Chittagong clear of enemy forces.
Apr 29, 2021 · Matthias Paul (German pronunciation: [maˈtiːas ˈpaʊ̯l]; born 16 December 1971), known professionally as Paul van Dyk (/ d aɪ k /; German: [ˈpaʊ̯l fan ˈdʏk]) is a German DJ, record producer and musician.
Apr 12, 2021 · Ashley Way (born 16 December 1971) is a film and television director born in Cardiff, Wales, in 1971.
The current term ends in January of the given year for every state except Alaska, Hawaii, and Kentucky, where the term ends in December of the year of election. When the table has (term limits) after the year it means that the current governor cannot seek re-election in that year. If the table has (retiring) it means that the current governor ...
Apr 16, 2021 · Jerry Falwell Sr., Mr. Falwell’s father, a pastor and political activist, founded Liberty in 1971. Under Jerry Falwell Jr.’s leadership, the school grew into one of the country’s most ...
- related to: 16 december 1971
ebay.com has been visited by 1M+ users in the past month