- The Day After is another cautionary tale about nuclear war that scared the pants off viewers when more than 100 million people tuned into it on ABC. The movie exploits the collective anxiety about the nuclear arms race in the 1980s between the United States and the Soviet Union.
People also ask
Is there a movie about nuclear war?
Why was there so many action movies in the 1980s?
Was the fear of nuclear war enough?
What was the best disaster movie of the 1980s?
Dec 22, 2016 · The Day After was a horrifying portrait of nuclear war, and remains the highest rated television movie in history. ... It's Time To Revisit This Terrifying 1980s TV Movie On Nuclear War By Jen ...
Aug 26, 2015 · Today, those fears have largely subsided — but anyone who wants a glimpse of what it was like to live in fear of the bomb can look back at the rash of nuclear war–themed movies that were pumped out...
- Chris Lites
Dramatization of the 1980 eruption of Mt. St. Helens. The movie begins with the volcano's awakening on March 20 and ends with its eruption on May 18, 1980. Director: Ernest Pintoff | Stars: Art Carney, David Huffman, Cassie Yates, Albert Salmi. Votes: 503.
Feb 04, 2021 · The Day After is another cautionary tale about nuclear war that scared the pants off viewers when more than 100 million people tuned into it on ABC. The movie exploits the collective anxiety about the nuclear arms race in the 1980s between the United States and the Soviet Union.
- On The Beach (1959) A love story set amidst the ruins of a nuclear holocaust, “On The Beach” is set in 1964 and shows the aftermath of a war that has wiped out all human civilization in the northern hemisphere.
- Fail Safe (1964) Came to the second nuclear war movie on the list. “Fail Safe” focuses much of the drama on events leading up to a nuclear strike, raising probing questions with regards to computer controlled weapons and what could happen when both computers and humans make careless mistakes.
- Dr. Strangelove, or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964) A scathing reminder of how absurd politics can be, “Dr. Strangelove” has been described as one big inappropriate joke, the kind that you laugh at even though you know you shouldn’t.
- The War Game (1965) Originally deemed as “too horrifying for the medium of broadcasting”, this nuclear war movie hasn’t been shown on TV until 20 years later after it was first scheduled for distribution.
This film originally aired as a TV movie back in 1983 in the United States. It depicts the effects of nuclear war on the citizens of the Kansas City area. In the film, during the actual attacks, a lot of raw footage of nuclear blasts and explosions is used, but no computer enhanced special effects were needed in this film to get the point across.
Jan 26, 2018 · Terrifying 1980s movie Threads to be re-released as Nuclear War threat grows The drama documentary Threads first shown in 1984 is based on the consequences of a nuclear attack nechronicle
After civilization has inevitably been wiped out by nuclear war, a ridiculous leather-clad adventurer leads a group of wanderers on a search for the fabled Mountain of Life, on the way encountering mutants, pygmies, ladies in fur bikinis etc. FUN. A very welcome if sadly very bad addition to the genre is… Robot Holocaust (1986)
- related to: 1980's movie about nuclear war