The following is a list of artists and bands associated with the new wave music genre during the late 1970s and early-to-mid 1980s. The list does not include acts associated with the resurgences and revivals of the genre that have occurred from the 1990s onward.
Jun 30, 2020 · Let's rank the best '80s new wave songs that truly defined the decade, with the help of your votes. Many people think of new wave songs when they think of the 1980s, and it's no wonder why. Tracks like Kajagoogoo's "Too Shy" and Soft Cell's "Tainted Love" are the types of songs you'll always sing along to if you hear them on the radio.
- Top 10 Decade Defining Musical Acts: 1980syoutube.com
- Top 10 Alternative Bands of the 1980syoutube.com
- Obscure 80s New Wave - Rare Hits of The 80's - Select Songs From Rare Hits of The 80's Compsyoutube.com
- Classic 80s New Wave Mixyoutube.com
Nov 20, 2009 · I’ll spare you any further history lessons and get on with The Retrospace list of Great New Wave Songs. In making the list, there was only one guideline: I can only use 1-2 songs per band. This is to encourage a little variety, and make the list a bit more interesting. Also note: these are not in a particular order. 1. Metro - Berlin 2.
#CosimaNiehaus #DelphineCormier #Cophine #CloneClub #OrphanBlack #TatianaMaslany #EvelyneBrochu #OB #AlisonHendrix #SoccerCop #ProPunk #ElizabethChilds #Sara...
People also ask
What was the most popular music in the 1980s?
What songs were popular in the new wave era?
What artists were popular in the 80s?
New wave is a music genre that encompasses numerous pop-oriented styles from the late 1970s and the 1980s. It was originally used as a catch-all for the music that emerged after punk rock, including punk itself, but may be viewed retrospectively as a more accessible counterpart of post-punk.
Aug 16, 2019 · One of our most popular series ever, this 2015 list of the 1980s best "alternative" music has it all, from new wave to punk and post-punk to goth.
- Yaz - "Don't Go" (1982) Electronic mastermind Vince Clarke was part of Depeche Mode for their debut album Speak and Spell (1981) which includes the chirpy hit "Just Can't Get Enough".
- A Flock of Seagulls - "Wishing (If I Had a Photograph of You)" (1982) A Flock of Seagulls are generally viewed as something of a novelty band because of their outlandish style and hair -- they are often used as an example of the cheesier excesses of '80s new wave.
- The B-52's - "Channel Z" (1989) Since their groundbreaking early singles like "Rock Lobster" and "Planet Claire", the B-52's lost their way a bit in the '80s.
- Fugazi - "Waiting Room" (1988) Washington, D.C. 's hardcore legends Fugazi first released two EPs (1988's Fugazi and 1989's Margin Walker), which were compiled for their September 1989 release 13 Songs.
(Note- These songs are not necessarily the artists all-time greatest, but their best of the 'New Wave' sound.) Criteria: These songs were chosen for their musical quality, originality, and popularity in the "New Wave" era of approx. 1978 to 1987.
A non-stop collection of upbeat new wave retro songs https://youtu.be/Qjk4SfVNjYcTracklist:1. The More You Live, The More You Love – A Flock of Seagul – 00:0...
- 79 min
- music depot