Nov 20, 2009 · Rap music replaced the void left by funk (and even disco). Heavy metal bands like Def Leppard and Judas Priest found their heyday in the early 80’s. Another big change came with New Wave which combined the ashes of punk and disco to create something new entirely. The punk aspect was evident in their “alternative” style, readily apparent in new wave groups like Siouxsie and the Banshees who once shared venues with The Sex Pistols.
- 1980s New Wave Hit Song! 80's Pop 80s Rock Musicyoutube.com
- Rare Hits of The 80's Compilations Obscure New Wave New Romanticyoutube.com
- SEND ME AN ANGLE -REAL LIFE (1983)youtube.com
- STAND OR FALL- THE FIXX (1983)youtube.com
People also ask
What was the music like in the 80s?
What is the new wave music genre?
What artists were popular in the 80s?
What are some new wave artists?
Jun 30, 2020 · Many people think of new wave songs when they think of the 1980s, and it's no wonder why. Tracks like Kajagoogoo's "Too Shy" and Soft Cell's "Tainted Love" are the types of songs you'll always sing along to if you hear them on the radio. Even if you don't listen to '80s music, you surely know the lyrics to "I Ran" by A Flock of Seagulls.
The following is a list of artists and bands associated with the new wave music genre during the late 1970s and early-to-mid 1980s. The list does not include acts associated with the resurgences and revivals of the genre that have occurred from the 1990s onward.
We recommend you to check other playlists or our favorite music charts. If you enjoyed listening to this one, maybe you will like: 1. Top 100 Songs 80s ♪ ♫ B...
80s New Wave fuses elements of punk, post-punk, mod culture, new romantic and glam rock while incorporating the use of electronic synthesizers. You'll hear some of the classics to come out of one of the most popular music movements of the '80s. Songs On This Station Play Enjoy The Silence
Oct 01, 2019 · The soundtrack included a plethora of New Wave music from such artists as Simple Minds, whose iconic song “Don’t You Forget About Me” became the signature song for the movie. And in 1986, nearing the end of the New Wave era, Pretty in Pink was released and offered the most New Wave songs of any movie at that time.
Best of New Wave 80's 90's: Erasure, Ultravox, Yazoo, Simple Minds, Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, New Order, Modern Talking & More. 53 songs.
- The Clash "Should I Stay or Should I Go"
- Dexys Midnight Runners "Come On Eileen"
- OMD “If You Leave”
- Modern English “I Melt With You”
- Yaz - "Don't Go" (1982) Electronic mastermind Vince Clarke was part of Depeche Mode for their debut album Speak and Spell (1981) which includes the chirpy hit "Just Can't Get Enough".
- A Flock of Seagulls - "Wishing (If I Had a Photograph of You)" (1982) A Flock of Seagulls are generally viewed as something of a novelty band because of their outlandish style and hair -- they are often used as an example of the cheesier excesses of '80s new wave.
- The B-52's - "Channel Z" (1989) Since their groundbreaking early singles like "Rock Lobster" and "Planet Claire", the B-52's lost their way a bit in the '80s.
- Fugazi - "Waiting Room" (1988) Washington, D.C. 's hardcore legends Fugazi first released two EPs (1988's Fugazi and 1989's Margin Walker), which were compiled for their September 1989 release 13 Songs.