- The U.S. economy gained momentum in 2017, but growth slowed at the end of the year. The economy grew 2.3% for the year, the Commerce Department said Friday. That's well ahead of the 1.5% growth in 2016, but slower than 2015.
People also ask
Was 2017 “a year like no other?
Was 2017 the most dramatic year in recent history?
Was 2017 the year of the apologies?
What happened on January 20th 2017?
- 2 min
- Dan Corey
- The New President. Donald Trump is sworn in as the 45th president of the United States by Chief Justice John Roberts on Jan. 20, 2017. Donald Trump was sworn in as the 45th president of the United States on Jan.
- The Mueller Investigation. Michael Flynn leaves federal court following his plea hearing on Dec. 1, 2017 in Washington. Bowing to public and congressional pressure, Deputy U.S. Attorney General Rod Rosenstein appointed former FBI Director Robert Mueller in May as a special counsel to conduct the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential campaign.
- Greater Tensions with North Korea. North Korean leader Kim Jong Un watches the launch of a Hwasong-12 missile in a photo released on Sept. 16, 2017. American tensions with North Korea intensified rapidly since President Donald Trump was inaugurated in late January, as leader Kim Jong Un made no secret that his scientists are working on a nuclear-tipped missile capable of reaching the U.S.
- The #MeToo Movement. Members of the National Organization for Women (NOW) outside of Manhattan Criminal Court on Oct. 13, 2017, in New York City. In early October, back-to-back bombshell reports in The New York Times and The New Yorker revealed that film mogul Harvey Weinstein allegedly lured women into hotel rooms and bars, and sexually harassed or assaulted them in what some have described as an open secret known for years in Hollywood.
Dec 23, 2017 · People are rescued from a flooded neighborhood after it was inundated with rain water, remnants of Hurricane Harvey, Aug. 28, 2017, in Houston. Scott Olson/Getty Images Hurricane Irma made landfall twice in southern Florida on Sept. 10, killing scores of people there and elsewhere in the United States as well as in the Caribbean.
- 4 min
- Morgan Winsor
Dec 14, 2017 · Here are the stories that got Americans talking in 2017. Climate The Year in Climate From melting ice to hotter summers to water crises, here are the climate stories to read from this year. Metro...
Dec 26, 2017 · From President Trump's first year in the White House to scores of allegations of sexual harassment and misconduct, 2017 was a tumultuous year in the United States. Robert Costa ( @costareports ),...
Jan 04, 2018 · 2017 was another busy year for us. In total, we spent 105 days on the road, took 31 flights, explored 8 new countries, and passed the 100 visited UNESCO World Heritage Sites mark. There was also time to visit a few countries and places that we have been to in the past and travel to frequently, including to visit family and for work.
- Breathe With Us