- From President Trump's first year in the White House to scores of allegations of sexual harassment and misconduct, 2017 was a tumultuous year in the United States. Robert Costa (@costareports), national political reporter for The Washington Post and moderator of PBS' "Washington Week" takes a look with Here & Now 's Jeremy Hobson.
People also ask
Was 2017 the most dramatic year in recent history?
Was 2017 “a year like no other?
What happened in 2017 in the US?
Was 2017 the year of the apologies?
Dec 23, 2017 · Trump's first year in the White House. Donald Trump was sworn in as the 45th president of the United States on Jan. 20 after his stunning upset over Democratic rival Hillary Clinton.Setting the ...
- 4 min
- MORGAN WINSOR
Dec 11, 2017 · Dec 11, 2017 Contents Politics Culture Health, Science and Environment SOURCES From the inauguration of Donald Trump to the first total solar eclipse to traverse the Lower 48 in nearly a century,...
- 2 min
- Dan Corey
- The New President. Donald Trump is sworn in as the 45th president of the United States by Chief Justice John Roberts on Jan. 20, 2017. Donald Trump was sworn in as the 45th president of the United States on Jan.
- The Mueller Investigation. Michael Flynn leaves federal court following his plea hearing on Dec. 1, 2017 in Washington. Bowing to public and congressional pressure, Deputy U.S. Attorney General Rod Rosenstein appointed former FBI Director Robert Mueller in May as a special counsel to conduct the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential campaign.
- Greater Tensions with North Korea. North Korean leader Kim Jong Un watches the launch of a Hwasong-12 missile in a photo released on Sept. 16, 2017. American tensions with North Korea intensified rapidly since President Donald Trump was inaugurated in late January, as leader Kim Jong Un made no secret that his scientists are working on a nuclear-tipped missile capable of reaching the U.S.
- The #MeToo Movement. Members of the National Organization for Women (NOW) outside of Manhattan Criminal Court on Oct. 13, 2017, in New York City. In early October, back-to-back bombshell reports in The New York Times and The New Yorker revealed that film mogul Harvey Weinstein allegedly lured women into hotel rooms and bars, and sexually harassed or assaulted them in what some have described as an open secret known for years in Hollywood.
Dec 26, 2017 · From President Trump's first year in the White House to scores of allegations of sexual harassment and misconduct, 2017 was a tumultuous year in the United States. Robert Costa ( @costareports ),...