2019: The year in review Credits Photo editors Bernadette Tuazon, Brett Roegiers, Kyle Almond, Natalie Yubas, Will Lanzoni, Clint Alwahab, Cody McCloy, Sarah Tilotta, Marie Barbier, Heather...
Dec 23, 2019 · CNN Digital saw its biggest audiences so far in 2019, with a monthly average of more than 162 million people coming to read and watch our brand of essential and engaging journalism. We thank...
- Three months after she was kidnapped and her parents were killed, 13-year-old Jayme Closs was found alive. On October 15, 2018, the Barron County Sheriff's Office in Wisconsin received a call for help at a home on Highway 8.
- "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett's claims that he was the victim of a violent hate crime were thrown into doubt. In late January, Smollett — who is black and gay, and was playing an LGBT character on "Empire" — alleged that he was walking to an apartment in Chicago when two men assaulted him, shouted racist and homophobic slurs, threw an unknown substance at him, and tied a rope around his neck.
- Fifty people were killed in mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, on March 15, in the country's worst-ever mass shooting. The gunman announced his intentions in a 74-page racist manifesto that was posted online before he opened fire on worshippers.
- Dozens of wealthy and well-known parents were accused of paying to embellish their kids' college applications to get them unfairly admitted to elite institutions.
9:17 AM ET Wed, 30 Jan 2019 Mutual funds that track debt to companies with weak balance sheets and poor credit have seen $18 billion in outflows over the past 10 weeks. Odds of a recession spike...
- New & Notable. 5h ago. New products from Onsen, Harry's and more. Also: Fitness brands like Alo Moves and Fiture are hosting sales right now.
- Joe Biden. 5h ago. House Oversight chair calls for release of visitor logs from Biden’s Delaware home. Committee Chair James Comer, R-Ky., asked the White House for additional information after the administration said more classified documents were found in the president's residence.
- U.S. news. 5h ago. U.S. renames 5 sites that used racist slur for a Native woman. The renamed sites are in California, North Dakota, Tennessee and Texas, completing a yearlong process to remove a historically offensive word from geographic names across the country.
- U.S. news. 3h ago. University of Georgia football player killed in auto wreck days after championship title. Georgia offensive lineman Devin Willock and a recruiting staff member were killed early Sunday in a car wreck.
May 8, 2019 · Record-breaking Journey to the Bottom of the Ocean Video of the Day. Victor Vescovo descended almost 11km to the deepest part of the Pacific. 14 May 2019.
Juan Valdez Coffee Exec Gets 3-6 Years Prison in New York Over $900,000 Theft. Reuters Jan. 25, 2023.