The 2020 Sundance Film Festival took place from January 23 to February 2, 2020. The first lineup of competition films was announced on December 4, 2019.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Sundance_Film_Festival
The premiere of, American singer-songwriter Taylor Swift's 2020 documentary film: Miss Americana, at the opening night of the 2020 Sundance Film Festival and Swift's pre-announced appearance at the festival, caused a great surge in the number of attendees, traction and media coverage, which was new to the normally reserved festival.
People also ask
When does the 2020 Sundance Film Festival start?
How many movies are in the Sundance Film Festival?
What kind of awards do you win at Sundance?
Is there a Film Festival for children in Utah?
The 2021 Sundance Film Festival took place from January 28 to February 3, 2021. The first lineup of competition films was announced on December 15, 2020. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the festival combined in-person screenings at the Ray Theatre in Park City, Utah with screenings held online as well as on screens and drive-ins in 24 states and territories across the United States.
- Prämierte Filme
U.S. Dramatic Competition
1. Blast Beat von Esteban Arango 2. Dinner in America von Adam Rehmeier 3. The Evening Hour von Braden King 4. Farewell Amor von Ekwa Msangi 5. Mein 40-jähriges Ich (The 40-Year-Old Version) von Radha Blank 6. Minari – Wo wir Wurzeln schlagen (Minari) von Lee Isaac Chung 7. Miss Juneteenth von Channing Godfrey Peoples 8. Never Rarely Sometimes Always von Eliza Hittman 9. Nine Days von Edson Oda 10. Palm Springs von Max Barbakow 11. Save Yourselves! von Alex Huston Fischer und Eleanor Wilson 1...
World Cinema Dramatic Competition
1. Blanco de Verano (Summer White) von Rodrigo Ruiz Patterson 2. Charter von Amanda Kernell 3. Exil von Visar Morina 4. High Tide von Verónica Chen 5. Jumbo von Zoé Wittock 6. Luxor von Zeina Durra 7. Mignonnes (Cuties) von Maïmouna Doucouré 8. Possessor von Brandon Cronenberg 9. Sin Señas Particulares von Fernanda Valadez 10. Surge von Aneil Karia 11. This Is Not A Burial, It's A Resurrection von Lemohang Jeremiah Mosese 12. Yalda, a Night for Forgiveness (Yalda) von Massoud Bakhshi
1. Downhill von Nat Faxon und Jim Rash 2. Dream Horse von Euros Lyn 3. Falling von Viggo Mortensen 4. The Father von Florian Zeller 5. Four Good Daysvon Rodrigo Garcia 6. The Glorias von Julie Taymor 7. Herself von Phyllida Lloyd 8. Horse Girl von Jeff Baena 9. Ironbark von Dominic Cooke 10. Kajillionaire von Miranda July 11. The Last Shift von Andrew Cohn 12. Das Letzte, was er wollte (The Last Thing He Wanted) von Dee Rees 13. Lost Girls von Liz Garbus 14. The Nest von Sean Durkin 15. Promi...
Die Preisverleihung fand am Februar 2020 in Park City statt. 1. U.S. Grand Jury Prize: Documentary – Boys State, Regie: Jesse Moss 2. U.S. Grand Jury Prize: Dramatic – Minari – Wo wir Wurzeln schlagen, Regie: Lee Isaac Chung 3. World Cinema Grand Jury Prize: Documentary – Epicentro, Regie: Hubert Sauper 4. World Cinema Grand Jury Prize: Dramatic – Yalda, a Night for Forgiveness, Regie: Massoud Bakhshi 5. Audience Award: U.S. Documentary – Crip Camp, Regie: Jim LeBrecht und Nicole Newnham 6. Audience Award: U.S. Dramatic – Minari – Wo wir Wurzeln schlagen, Regie: Lee Isaac Chung 7. Audience Award: World Cinema Documentary – The Reason I Jump, Regie: Jerry Rothwell 8. Audience Award: World Cinema Dramatic – Identifying Features, Regie: Fernanda Valadez 9. Audience Award in der Sektion NEXT – I Carry You With Me, Regie: Heidi Ewing 10. Directing Award: U.S. Documentary – Garrett Bradley für Time 11. Directing Award: U.S. Dramatic – Radha Blank für Mein 40-jähriges Ich 12. Directing Awa...Sundance Film Festival 2020 in der Internet Movie Database(englisch)↑ 2020 Sundance Film Festival: 118 Feature Films Announced.In: sundance.org, 4. Dezember 2019.↑ https://deadline.com/2020/02/sundance-film-festival-awards-2020-winners-1202848900/
1. The 40-Year-Old Version, regia di Radha Blank 2. Blast Beat, regia di Esteban Arango 3. Charm City Kings, regia di Angel Manuel Soto 4. Dinner in America, regia di Adam Rehmeier 5. The Evening Hour, regia di Braden King 6. Farewell Amor, regia di Ekwa Msangi 7. Minari, regia di Lee Isaac Chung 8. Miss Juneteenth, regia di Channing Godfrey Peoples 9. Mai raramente a volte sempre (Never Rarely Sometimes Always), regia di Eliza Hittman 10. Nine Days, regia di Edson Oda 11. Palm Springs - Vivi...
1. A Thousand Cuts, regia di Ramona S. Diaz 2. Be Water, regia di Bao Nguyen 3. Bloody Nose, Empty Pockets, regia di Bill Ross e Turner Ross 4. Boys State, regia di Jesse Moss e Amanda McBaine 5. Code for Bias, regia di Shalini Kantayya 6. The Cost of Silence, regia di Mark Manning 7. Crip Camp, regia di Nicole Newnham e Jim LeBrecht 8. Dick Johnson Is Dead, regia di Kirsten Johnson 9. Feels Good Man, regia di Arthur Jones 10. The Fight, regia di Elyse Steinberg, Josh Kriegman e Eli Despres 1...
World Cinema Dramatic
1. Blanco de verano, regia di Rodrigo Ruiz Patterson(Messico) 2. Charter, regia di Amanda Kernell(Svezia) 3. Exil, regia di Visar Morina(Germania, Kosovo, Belgio) 4. Jumbo, regia di Zoé Wittock(Francia, Lussemburgo, Belgio) 5. Luxor, regia di Zeina Durra(Egitto, Regno Unito) 6. Marea alta, regia di Verónica Chen(Argentina) 7. Donne ai primi passi (Mignonnes), regia di Maïmouna Doucouré(Francia) 8. Possessor, regia di Brandon Cronenberg(Canada, Regno Unito) 9. Sin señas particulares, regia di...U.S. Dramatic: Rodrigo García, Ethan Hawke, Dee Rees, Isabella Rossellini, Wash WestmorelandU.S. Documentary: Kimberly Reed, Rachel Rosen, Courtney Sexton, E. Chai Vasarhelyi, Noland WalkerWorld Cinema Dramatic: Haifaa al-Mansour, Wagner Moura, Alba RohrwacherWorld Cinema Documentary: Eric Hynes, Rima Mismar, Nanfu WangGrand Jury Prize: Dramatic – Minari, regia di Lee Isaac ChungDirecting Award: Dramatic – The 40-Year-Old Version, regia di Radha BlankWaldo Salt Screenwriting Award – Edson Oda per Nine DaysU.S. Dramatic Special Jury Award for Ensemble Cast - Charm City Kings, regia di Angel Manuel Soto
- Initial release
- Netflix release
Cuties French theatrical release poster FrenchMignonnes Directed byMaïmouna Doucouré Produced byZangro Written byMaïmouna Doucouré Starring Fathia Youssouf Médina El Aidi-Azouni Esther Gohourou Ilanah Cami-Goursolas Maïmouna Gueye Music byNiko Noki CinematographyYann Maritaud Edited by Mathilde Van de Moortel Stéphane Mazalaigue Production companies France TV Cinéma Bien ou Bien Productions Distributed byBAC Films Release date 23 January 2020 19 August 2020 Running time 96 minutes...
Amy, an 11-year-old immigrant girl from Senegal, lives with her mother Mariam and two younger brothers in an apartment in one of Paris's poorest neighbourhoods. She helplessly witnesses her mother suffer as her polygynous husband prepares to return with a second wife. She is also bored with salah and Islamic culture in general that her aunt seeks to impress on her. Things turn swiftly as Amy is fascinated by her disobedient neighbour Angelica's twerking clique, "Cuties", which is in stark contra
The film was announced by filmmaker Maïmouna Doucouré as her feature debut directorial venture. She rose to prominence with her 2016 short film Maman, which was selected and premiered in over two hundred film festivals, and won around sixty awards in several international film festivals. Doucouré penned the script for Cuties, taking her life experience as a refugee girl into account. The script eventually won Sundance's Global Filmmaking Award in 2017. Doucouré says her inspiration for ...
Cuties had its world premiere in the World Cinema Dramatic Competition section of the 2020 Sundance Film Festival on 23 January, where Doucouré won the Directing Award, and was one of three French films to be screened at festival. Originally set for a theatrical release in France on 1 April 2020, the film was delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic in France, and was eventually released on 19 August 2020 by BAC Films. The film earned US$692,459; in its opening day it earned US$644,309 at 169 ...
In January 2020, prior to the film's Sundance premiere, Netflix purchased the worldwide rights to the film, excluding France. It was released internationally on Netflix on 9 September 2020.
- Maïmouna Doucouré
- Maïmouna Doucouré
From the Collection. Rediscover classic works of independent cinema as the Sundance Film Festival presents films from the vaults of the Sundance Collection at UCLA. Formed in partnership with the UCLA Film & Television Archive, and growing through the support of donors, the Collection now contains more than 1,800 films.
The Blackhouse helps black creative voices and executives gain a better foothold in the industry. Celebrating 13 years of engaging and elevated programming since 2007, The Blackhouse Foundation once again returns to the 2020 Sundance Film Festival from January 24–27 at the Buona Vita Restaurant (804 Main St.).