The 21st (twenty-first) century is the current century in the Anno Domini era or Common Era, in accordance with the Gregorian calendar.It began on January 1, 2001 (), and will end on December 31, 2100 (MMC).
The 21st Century Started in 2001 In 1999, the world was preparing for the New Year's party of a lifetime. The year number in the Gregorian calendar was about to tick over to 2000, supposedly ushering in not only the 21st century but also the 3rd millennium CE. However, the party was held one year too early—it should have been on January 1, 2001.
- The Greatest Generation: (1901- 1924) The Greatest Generation is the first cohort to be documented at the start of the 20th Century. Its birth years stretched from 1901 to 1924, spanning a period of 23 years.
- The Silent Generation: (1925 – 1945) The Silent generation – also called the Traditionalists was a cohort born between 1925 and 1945 just after WWI and during WWII and the Greatest Depression.
- The Baby Boomer Generation: (1946 – 1964) The Baby Boomer birth years fell between 1946 and 1964, spanning an age range of 18 years. They were born at a time when WWII had just ended and there was a sense of hope in the US, in particular.
- Generation X: (1965 – 1979) The age range for Generation X lasted only 14 years, stretching between 1965 and 1979. Also called Baby Buster or Gen X, the cohort reversed the baby boom trend by registering low birth rates!
Years of the 21st century in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (20 C, 19 P) Years of the 21st century in Denmark (24 C, 20 P) Years of the 21st century in Djibouti (19 C, 5 P)
People also ask
What years are included in the 21st century?
What years consist of the 21st century?
What is the last sum date in the 21st century?
When did the 21st century start?
Sep 15, 2015 · The 21st century is the current century of the Anno Domini era or the Common Era, in accordance with the Gregorian calendar. It began on January 1, 2001, and will end on December 31, 2100. It is the first century of the 3rd millennium.
The Next 100 Years is a 2009 book by George Friedman.In the book, Friedman attempts to predict the major geopolitical events and trends of the 21st century. Friedman also speculates in the book on changes in technology and culture that may take place during this period.
- George Friedman
- United States
20 technologies that defined the first 20 years of the 21st Century. The Pirate Bay's latest venture into streaming comes despite battling takedown attempts by authorities for more than a decade.
- Anthony Cuthbertson
Dec 28, 2015 · These 12 paintings, excerpted from Phaidon's The Art Book, 30,000 Years of Art, and Body of Art, represent a selection of contemporary painting masterpieces from the twenty-first century. 100 YEARS AGO Peter Doig 2000
- Aaron Henandez. The former New England Patriots tight end was arrested in 2013 and charged with the murder of Odin Lloyd, an acquaintance of Hernandez's.
- The Grim Sleeper. For more than two decades, the Los Angeles Police Department worked to solve a series of 11 murders of Black women in south-central Los Angeles that occurred between 1985 and 2007.
- O.J. Simpson. Former NFL star and celebrity O.J. Simpson's legal troubles didn't end after he was acquitted of the murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman in 1995.
- Drew Peterson. Former Bolingbrook, Illinois, policeman Drew Peterson made national headlines in October 2007 when his wife Stacy Peterson disappeared. She wasn't the first of Peterson's spouses to die.
- related to: 21st century years