Nov 13, 2023 · With 3 days in Lyon, you’ll be able to visit each area of Lyon, through all the can’t-miss spots as well as a few hidden gems along the way. This 3-day Lyon itinerary is split into 3 different main areas/neighborhoods in Lyon: Vieux Lyon & Fourviere, Presqu’île, and Croix Rousse.
Dec 8, 2022 · The Ultimate 3-Day Lyon, France Itinerary Last Updated: December 8, 2022 · France Despite being the 3rd largest city in France, getting around and sightseeing Lyon in just a few days is entirely doable. With 3 days in Lyon, you will be able to see and do the city’s top attractions and check off your Lyon bucket list.
Mar 13, 2023 · As France’s third largest city, there are plenty of things to do over 2 to 3 days in Lyon. Its architecture and museums demonstrate its significance in Roman, Medieval and Renaissance history, while the modern centre and universities modernise the city and give way to many different artistic and cultural events.
- Watch the Sunrise over St. George’s Church. Saint George’s Church is one of the most picturesque buildings in Lyon. It’s been built and rebuilt several times.
- Tour the Fourvière Basilica. Compared to the other churches in Lyon, Fourvière Basilica is quite young. Construction started in the late 19th century, and it took only 30 years to finish.
- Marvel at the Fresque des Lyonnais. The Fresque des Lyonnais is a gigantic mural located in the first arrondissement of Lyon. It was commissioned by the city in the mid-1990s and completed by a group of artists called Cité de la Création.
- Fourvière, Vieux-Lyon and the Presqu’Ile. Fourvière Hill. Located in the western part of Lyon, the Fourvière Hill (‘La Colline de Fourvière’ in French) is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful districts in the city.
- Croix Rousse and Parc de la Tête d’or. Croix Rousse. The Croix Rousse neighborhood is like a village. With its unique architecture and authentic vibe, the Croix Rousse, ‘the hill that works’, feels quite different (more friendly and personal) than the rest of Lyon.
- Confluence. Former scarcely industrial district of Lyon, the newly built Confluence has become, in recent years, the trendiest district of the city, with a huge array of things to see and do.
Day 1. Begin with a climb through the Jardin de la Roseraie that zigzags steeply uphill to 19th-century Fourvière Basilica and the Roman Amphitheater (or take the funicular). Spend time inside the basilica—the painted ceiling gives the Sistine Chapel a run for its money. On a guided tour you can access the roof.