100 greatest songs of the 1960s by Rock and Roll Hall of Famers
- The Rolling Stones – “Gimme Shelter”
- The Beach Boys – “Good Vibrations” It’s said that the recording budget for “Good Vibrations” was more than the entirety of The Beach Boys’ “Pet Sounds.” And somehow, it ...
- Aretha Franklin – “Respect” “Respect” is more than just a cover. ...
- Bob Dylan – “Like a Rolling Stone” My God, that opening snare. ...
People also ask
What are the top 10 songs of the 60s?
What are the best songs of the 1960s?
What was the most popular song in the 1960s?
What was the number one song in 1960?
This is a list of Billboard magazine's Top Hot 100 songs of 1960. No. Title Artist(s) 1 ... 60 "Down by the Station" The Four Preps: 61 "Forever" The Little Dippers 62
Oct 27, 2014 · Hot 100 Peak Position: 1, Peak Date: November 11, 1961. This top Billboard Hot 100 songs of each decade is ranked based on each title's performance on the Hot 100 through the chart dated Nov. 1, 2014.
Jul 29, 2016 · With two dozen people voting for more than 500 songs, we whittled the list down to the top 100 hits of the ‘60s. However, bands with votes for multiple songs were limited to two tracks each.
- Hilary Saunders
Mar 06, 2020 · How could you not be fascinated by Cleveland.com's latest retro list: The 100 Greatest Songs of the '60s by Rock and Roll Hall of Famers. Let's start with the Top 5: 1.The Rolling Stones– “Gimme Shelter” 2.The Beach Boys– “Good Vibrations” 3.Aretha Franklin– “Respect” 4.Bob Dylan– “Like a Rolling Stone” 5.
- The Twist - Chubby Checker.
- Hey Jude - The Beatles.
- Theme From "A Summer Place" - Percy Faith.
- Bobby Lewis - Tossin' and Turnin'
- 100 Send Me A Postcard. Dutch psych rockers Shocking Blue would score a US Billboard Hot 100 No.1 with 1970’s ‘Venus’ (covered so memorably by Bananarama 16 years later), but ‘Send Me A Postcard’ is a darker proposition altogether, singer Mariska Veres evoking Julie Driscoll or Jefferson Airplane’s Grace Slick as she hollers over fuzzed guitar and the obligatory swirling organ.
- 99 Ring Of Fire. This paean to the grisly aftermath of an unforgiving curry – or tribute to love’s steamy embrace, whatever you fancy – was written by Johnny Cash’s future wife June Carter with Merle Kilgore, and originally recorded by June’s sister Anita.
- 98 I Had Too Much To Dream (Last Night) The opening track on Lenny Kaye’s ‘Nuggets’, his essential compilation of late-60s garage and psych rock, ‘I Had Too Much To Dream (Last Night)’ was written by professional songwriting team Annette Tucker and Nancie Mantz but musses up its classic structure with needling, distorted guitar from Ken Williams – recorded backwards – and a growling lead vocal from James Lowe.
- 97 My Girl. They might have done the gritty thing with ‘Ball Of Confusion’ and ‘Papa Was A Rollin’ Stone’ or tried overwrought testifying on ‘Ain’t Too Proud To Beg’, but the Temptations song that gets reeled out most these days is this soppy, doo-wopping poem to a girl who makes everything all right.
Top songs of the 1960's is updated by the minute by Gigbuilder - The world's most popular Event Management System. 1: Sweet Caroline (Good Times Never Seemed So Good) Neil Diamond: 1969: Oldies: 2: Shout: Otis Day And The Knights/Isley Brothers: 1967: Oldies: 3: Brown Eyed Girl: Van Morrison: 1967: Oldies: 4: The Way You Look Tonight: Frank ...RankSong TitleSong ArtistYear1Sweet Caroline (Good Times Never Seemed ...Neil Diamond19692ShoutOtis Day And The Knights/Isley Brothers19673Brown Eyed GirlVan Morrison19674The Way You Look TonightFrank Sinatra1964
Nov 21, 2011 · With 100 hit tracks spanning five discs, this budget set (which has a decided lean to the British side of the pop charts) tracks the 1960s, and includes classics of the era like the Beach Boys' "Good Vibrations," Peter & Gordon's "A World Without Love," Little Eva's "The Loco-Motion," the Ventures' "Walk Don't Run," Glen Campbell's "Wichita Lineman," Cilla Black's "You're My World," and Eddie ...
- related to: 60's top 100 songs list
music.amazon.com has been visited by 1M+ users in the past month