Other top 80s New Wave Songs from 1980 included:
- Turning Japanese - The Vapors
- Whip It - Devo
- Don't Stand So Close To Me - The Police
- Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division
- Enola Gay - OMD
- Call Me - Blondie
People also ask
What are the best new wave songs of the 1980s?
What bands were big in the 80's?
What is the top song of the 80's?
What is 80s new wave music?
- I Ran. A Flock of Seagulls.
- Blue Monday. New Order.
- Don't You ( Forget About Me ) Simple Minds.
- Tainted Love. Soft Cell.
The following is a list of artists and bands associated with the new wave music genre during the late 1970s and early-to-mid 1980s. The list does not include acts associated with the resurgences and revivals of the genre that have occurred from the 1990s onward.
- Obscure 80s New Wave Rare Hits of The 80's Select Songs From Rare Hits of The 80's Compsyoutube.com
- New Wave ❤️New Wave Songs ❤️Disco New Wave 80s 90s Songsyoutube.com
- Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me)youtube.com
- 80s New Wave Alternative Songs Mixtape Volume 10youtube.com
New wave is a broad music genre that encompasses numerous pop-oriented styles from the late 1970s and the 1980s. It was originally used as a catch-all for the music that emerged after punk rock, including punk itself, but may be viewed retrospectively as a more accessible counterpart of post-punk.
Nov 20, 2009 · I’ll spare you any further history lessons and get on with The Retrospace list of Great New Wave Songs. In making the list, there was only one guideline: I can only use 1-2 songs per band. This is to encourage a little variety, and make the list a bit more interesting. Also note: these are not in a particular order. 1. Metro - Berlin 2.
- The Cars. One of the original and most musically balanced torchbearers for the new wave style, the Cars both exemplified and defined new wave with their sweeping, accessible sound.
- Talking Heads. Almost all of the early New York City punk rock bands would ultimately take on the new wave descriptor, which is actually rather appropriate given the array of experimental styles found in that city's mid-'70s scene.
- Elvis Costello. A common characteristic of the most enduring artists of the new wave era, perhaps by necessity, is an overriding versatility and searching needs to test the boundaries of what pop music had to offer.
- The Police. The proximity of the Police to the punk rock revolution in England may have had as much to do with the band's inclusion in the new wave category as its reggae-inflected sound, but the trio certainly reflected the variety ultimately housed within the genre.
Back in 1990, I created a list of my top 500 New Wave songs. New Wave music was a revelation for me in a post punk/dinosaur rock world. I loved and still love everything about the music, artists, era, etc. I listened to WLIR/WDVE 92.7 in Long Island every second I could and bought my music at Slipped Disc Record Store in Valley Stream Long Island. He would get his imports every Friday, so ...
- The Clash "Should I Stay or Should I Go"
- Dexys Midnight Runners "Come On Eileen"
- OMD “If You Leave”
- Modern English “I Melt With You”
New Wave music first appeared in the late 1970's and subsequently kept us entertained well into the late 1980's. A whole wide range of musical acts have been...
Enjoy and Feel the Music!!! Thanks for Listening. . . .
- 45 min
- Noel Reyes
- Yaz - "Don't Go" (1982) Electronic mastermind Vince Clarke was part of Depeche Mode for their debut album Speak and Spell (1981) which includes the chirpy hit "Just Can't Get Enough".
- A Flock of Seagulls - "Wishing (If I Had a Photograph of You)" (1982) A Flock of Seagulls are generally viewed as something of a novelty band because of their outlandish style and hair -- they are often used as an example of the cheesier excesses of '80s new wave.
- The B-52's - "Channel Z" (1989) Since their groundbreaking early singles like "Rock Lobster" and "Planet Claire", the B-52's lost their way a bit in the '80s.
- Fugazi - "Waiting Room" (1988) Washington, D.C. 's hardcore legends Fugazi first released two EPs (1988's Fugazi and 1989's Margin Walker), which were compiled for their September 1989 release 13 Songs.