Other top 80s New Wave Songs from 1980 included:
- Turning Japanese - The Vapors
- Whip It - Devo
- Don't Stand So Close To Me - The Police
- Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division
- Enola Gay - OMD
- Call Me - Blondie
People also ask
What was the greatest song of the '80s?
What are some new wave bands?
What are all the types of Music in the 80s?
What is nu wave music?
Jun 30, 2020 · The Best '80s New Wave Songs I Ran Don't You Want Me Sweet Dreams Bizarre Love Triangle Hold Me Now Everybody Wants to Rule the World Blue Monday I Melt With You Tainted Love Love My Way Rock in the Casbah West End Girls Take On Me Hungry Like the Wolf Mad World London Calling
100 Greatest New Wave Songs Background: 'New Wave' evolved from 'Punk' in the late '70s being less anti-social and more radio (and MTV) friendly, hitting it's high in '83 and faded around '87. It can be best described as mixing the energy of Punk with a bit of 'Glam', 'Pop', 'Art-Rock' & 'Dance' and relied heavily on synthesizers.
The following is a list of artists and bands associated with the new wave music genre during the late 1970s and early-to-mid 1980s. The list does not include acts associated with the resurgences and revivals of the genre that have occurred from the 1990s onward.
#NewWave #newwavesongs #LourdesTiwiAlbayBeach #80sdisco Disco Music from the 80s New Wave https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJlXVXbgcwc
- 93 min
- Bgy. Matalibong
- 1. Metro - Berlin
- 2. Melt with You – Modern English
- 3. Save It for Later – English Beat
- 4. Cancer – Joe Jackson
- 80s New Wave Alternative Songs Mixtape Volume 10youtube.com
- 80s New Wave Alternative Songs Mixtape Volume 1youtube.com
- Obscure 80s New Wave - Rare Hits of The 80's - Select Songs From Rare Hits of The 80's Compsyoutube.com
- Obscure 80s New Wave Rare Hits of The 80's Select Songs From Rare Hits of The 80's Compsyoutube.com
During the late '70s and early '80s, New Wave was a catch-all term for the music that directly followed punk rock; often, the term encompassed punk itself, as well. In retrospect, it became clear that the music following punk could be divided, more or less, into two categories -- post-punk and new wave.
Fortress Around Your Heart / Shadows In The Rain (1985) [Single] 199. 199. The Fixx. Saved By Zero (1983) [Single] 198. 198. Simply Red. Holding Back the Years / Drowning in My Own Tears (1986) [Single]
New wave is a music genre that encompasses numerous pop-oriented styles from the late 1970s and the 1980s. It was originally used as a catch-all for the music that emerged after punk rock, including punk itself, but may be viewed retrospectively as a more accessible counterpart of post-punk.
COPY RIGHT PROTECTED PUBLISHED & UPLOADED BY MUSIC 101 FB PAGE, MIXCLOUD & SOUNDCLOUD 1.FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/music101reborn/videos/1730219230321...
- 64 min
- Larry Monge
- Yaz - "Don't Go" (1982) Electronic mastermind Vince Clarke was part of Depeche Mode for their debut album Speak and Spell (1981) which includes the chirpy hit "Just Can't Get Enough".
- A Flock of Seagulls - "Wishing (If I Had a Photograph of You)" (1982) A Flock of Seagulls are generally viewed as something of a novelty band because of their outlandish style and hair -- they are often used as an example of the cheesier excesses of '80s new wave.
- The B-52's - "Channel Z" (1989) Since their groundbreaking early singles like "Rock Lobster" and "Planet Claire", the B-52's lost their way a bit in the '80s.
- Fugazi - "Waiting Room" (1988) Washington, D.C. 's hardcore legends Fugazi first released two EPs (1988's Fugazi and 1989's Margin Walker), which were compiled for their September 1989 release 13 Songs.