- Natali Portman directed the movie A tale of Love and Darkness centered around a husband, wife and son in Jerusalem. Natalie Portman played the role of Fanna Oz , the wife who is happy to be with her husband and son. Fanna depends on her son's innocence to make her life happy. Fanna has a tendency to go into depressed moods.
People also ask
Who directed tale of love and darkness movie?
What is the story of Love and darkness?
What does the title of the book The Love and darkness of his mother mean?
Who wrote the book tale of Love and darkness?
Aug 19, 2016 · Based on the international best-seller by Amos Oz, A TALE OF LOVE AND DARKNESS is the story of his youth, set against the backdrop of the end of the British Mandate for Palestine and the early years of the State of Israel. The film details the young man's relationship with his mother and his beginnings as a writer, while looking at what happens when the stories we tell, become the stories we live.
- Natalie Portman
- 2 min
- wikipedia.org★Portman optioned the rights to the book over tea, while visiting with Oz and his wife.★It took Portman eight years to write the script and find funding, during which time she insisted that the adaptation remain in Hebrew.
Our Featured Articles
- The Wrap via Yahoo News1 day ago
New York Comic Con has revealed its second wave of virtual panels for this year’s all-digital con, a...
- Yahoo Movies UK4 hours ago
No one who has ever seen David Fincher’s 1995 thriller Seven — or Se7en, for those who are...
- AFP via Yahoo News2 years ago
Amos Oz, who died of cancer Friday aged 79, was a celebrated Israeli novelist and passionate peace...
Screened at the 2015 Cannes Film Festival and in the Special Presentations section of the 2015 Toronto International Film Festival.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Cannes_Film_Festival
Cast - Last seen in
- The Wrap via Yahoo News1 day ago
Aug 19, 2016 · A Tale of Love and Darkness is based on the memories of Amos Oz, growing up in Jerusalem in the years before Israeli statehood with Arieh, his academic father and Fania, his dreamy, imaginative ...
- Art House & International, Drama
A Tale of Love and Darkness (or Sipour al ahava va'khoshekh, Hebrew: סיפור על אהבה וחושך ) is a 2015 Israeli-American drama film written and directed by Natalie Portman.
Aug 19, 2016 · The nation of Israel is born in the late 1940s amid chaos while a mother expires along with her hopes for a better life. The story of both events will one day be shared with the world by her cherished son, who grows up to be a writer. “A Tale of Love and Darkness,” a bleakly poetic adaptation of Amos Oz ’s 2002 memoir of his childhood spent in Jerusalem also marks the arrival of a new filmmaker in the form of Natalie Portman, who stars and wrote the script.
A Tale of Love and Darkness (2015) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more.
A TALE OF LOVE AND DARKNESS -- Academy Award-winning actress Natalie Portman 's directorial debut -- is an adaptation of Israeli novelist Amos Oz' same-named memoir about his boyhood in Israel to parents who lost their families in the Holocaust.
- Sandie Angulo Chen
Aug 19, 2016 · “A Tale of Love and Darkness” is rated PG-13 (Parents strongly cautioned). Love and darkness. It is in Hebrew, with English subtitles. Running time: 1 hour 38 minutes.
For the film, see A Tale of Love and Darkness (film). A Tale of Love and Darkness (Hebrew: סיפור על אהבה וחושך Sipur al ahava ve choshech) is a memoir by the Israeli author Amos Oz, first published in Hebrew in 2002. The book has been translated into 28 languages and over a million copies have been sold worldwide.
- Amos Oz
- 544 pages (English hardcover)