Aug 11, 2006 · Directed by Dan Wilde. With Jennifer Ehle, Patrick Baladi, Amelia Warner, Arthur Duncan. Alpha Male is the story of family life. It is a film about the force of personality, family politics, repressed emotions, great love and devastating loss.
- Dan Wilde
- 2 min
- Fight Club. If there is one thing that we can learn from Fight Club, its that people, and this culture are obsessed with consumerism. In fact the first time that I watched this was when I was around 16 or 17 years old, and even then Edward Norton’s characters obsession with stuff like matching tables and chairs, made me think he was a weenie.
- KNockaround Guys. This is probably one of my favorite fight scenes and reminds me of some of the neanderthals that I grew up with. I assume that if you had been in 500 fights, you would definitely know a thing or two about what it means to be tough.
- Drive. You don’t have to say anything at all, to be effective. You just have to be confident in who you are. Men who constantly blabber on an d on about how good they are, or how many girls they have had sex with, or how many beers they drank at the BBQ, are for lack of a better term…”idiotic”.
- Braveheart. Probably the greatest speech ever given on the battlefield. The question William asks, as he reminds the men that they are free, is what are they going to do with their freedom?
Director: Nick Cassavetes | Stars: Gena Rowlands, James Garner, Rachel McAdams, Ryan Gosling. Votes: 511,680 | Gross: $81.00M. An alpha is the best of the best but even the best must first learn how to lose in order to win in the words of the great michael jordan himself. An Alpha must be able to understand the brain of the opposite gender.
- Marlon Brando in Godfather. Don Vito Corleone (aka the Godfather) is the greatest movie character in the world, ever, according to a poll of American film experts.
- Matt Daemon in Jason Bourne. The Bourne films are a series of action spy thriller movies based on the character Jason Bourne, a CIA assassin suffering from extreme memory loss who must figure out who he is.
- Brad Pitt in Fightclub. Brad Pitt is a man that oozes confidence and beauty. Two specific characters of his stick out as alpha males. Tyler Durden – The fighting machine that is the centre of the Fight Club movie.
- Will Smith in Hitch. This rom-com gave Smith the chance to be a romantic lead, starring as a man who hooks up male clients with the women of their dreams.
Alpha Male also stars Danny Huston. The feature debut from writer/director Dan Wilde this British drama centers on a family split apart in the wake of its patriarch's death.
- Dan Wilde
- Thinkfilm Inc.
If you’re short on time and want to watch an alpha male in a movie, the best one to grab immediately is Casino Royale. Daniel Craig’s portrayal of Bond is by far the most alpha male. He’s playing Bond in a time when the title of “badass” isn’t given away easily and he certainly earns the title.
Learn the lessons from the best!
- 6 min
From demeanor to appearance; these men embody all that is alpha. This is part 1 of a 3 part series. Check out parts 2 and 3 below. Part I – Alpha Male Movie Characters; Part 2: Alpha Male TV Characters; Part 3: Alpha Male Athletes; Below are 15 of my favorite alpha male characters in movies.
In this video I will be breaking down 3 seperate video clips that I feel demonstrate what both a nice guy and alpha male looks like when talking to women. St...
- 11 min
- The Sophisticated Man