People also ask
What are some examples of alternative rock music?
What does indie rock and alternative rock mean?
What are the characteristics of indie rock music?
What are some indie rock bands?
Pop/Rock » Alternative/Indie Rock Alternative pop/rock is essentially a catch-all term for post-punk bands from the mid-'80s to the mid-'90s. There is a multitude of musical styles within alternative rock, from the sweet melodies of jangle-pop to the disturbing metallic grind of industrial, yet are all tied together by a similar aesthetic ...
Discover the best new indie, rock & alt music in our April compilation! Tracklist and download below… 👇 LISTEN ON SPOTIFY: https://spoti.fi/2Jr5ZLi » Subscri...
- 91 min
Play the latest new releases, popular artists and songs in Indie/Alternative, or pick your own favorites from a library of millions of songs. Indie rock artists traditionally aspire to commercial and artistic autonomy, selectively self-marketing their music as inexpensively as possible outside the elaborate mechanisms of the music indust...
- Depeche Mode - "Personal Jesus" (1990) The British electronic music band Depeche Mode released "Personal Jesus" as the lead single from their album Violator.
- Nirvana - "Smells Like Teen Spirit" (1991) Seattle-based grunge-rock band Nirvana were surrounded by huge music media buzz when they released "Smells Like Teen Spirit" as the lead single from their Nevermind album.
- R.E.M. - "Losing My Religion" (1991) R.E.M. were already celebrated as one of the top American rock bands before "Losing My Religion." They hit the top 10 on the album chart with their 1987 release Document, their 1983 debut Murmur was seen by many critics as one of the top rock debuts of all time, and the singles "The One I Love" and "Stand" both reached the pop top 10.
- U2 - "Mysterious Ways" (1991) In the late 1980s, U2 were arguably the world's biggest rock band. Their album The Joshua Tree was a worldwide smash, and they followed it up with another #1 hit around the world Rattle and Hum.
Alternative rock (also called alt-rock) is a genre of rock music that refers specifically to the punk/new wave-rooted style that emerged in the 1980s and became widely popular in the early-mid 1990s. The term "alternative" was coined in the 1980s to describe punk rock -inspired bands on independent record labels that did not fit into the ...
Most references to alternative rock music in the United States past 2010 are to the indie rock genre, a term that previously had limited usage on alternative rock channels and media. Radio Stations in the 2010s have been changing formats away from alternative rock, but this is mostly motivated by conglomeration efforts coupled with advertisers ...
Two Weeks Ago Last Week this Week Certification RIAA Pos Peak. Weeks On Chart; 1: 1: 1
I’m not going to go into the origins of these terms because that has already been well covered here. What I can talk about it the differences in how these two genres of music sound today.
Indie rock is a genre of rock music that originated in the United States and United Kingdom in the 1970s. Originally used to describe independent record labels, the term became associated with the music they produced and was initially used interchangeably with alternative rock or "guitar pop rock".
- Feel-Good results for Alternative/Indie Rock music
What s Trending
Rock metal music promotion on heavy metal website blog. Heavymetaltshirts is a growing music blog with more than 5000 visits every month. On connected facebook and instagram accounts we have more than 45k fans. This is a great chance for your band, music, art or product. We will publish an article about your band / product / album with ...