André René Roussimoff (May 19, 1946 – January 27, 1993), better known as André the Giant, was a French professional wrestler and actor.. Roussimoff stood around seven feet tall, which was a result of gigantism caused by excess growth hormone, and later resulted in acromegaly.
- Bam Bam Bigelow - When Andre the Giant Took a S**t on Bad News Brownyoutube.com
- Bad News Brown - When Andre the Giant Took a S**t on Meyoutube.com
- FULL MATCH - Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal: WrestleMania 32youtube.com
- Rowdy Roddy Piper - When Andre the Giant Tried to Stick His Thumb Up My ... in WWFyoutube.com
At 7'4" and 500 pounds, Andre the Giant could have been famous for his size alone. His drive, talent and ambition, however, proved to be as big as Andre himself, and the wrestler became legendary for his achievements in and out of the ring. Andre was born Andre Rene Roussimoff in Grenoble, France on May 19, 1946.
André the Giant, Actor: The Princess Bride. André René Roussimoff was born in a small farming community in Grenoble, France to Boris and Marian Rouismoff. His parents and four siblings were all of normal size, but André suffered from acromegaly, a hormonal disorder that results when the pituitary gland produces excess growth hormone.
Jul 21, 2020 · Andre the Giant was born as André René Roussimoff on May 19, 1946, in Coulommiers, France. He reportedly weighed 13 pounds at birth. Though billed in wrestling as hailing from Grenoble in the ...
- May 19, 1946
- January 28, 1993
Jun 29, 2020 · André the Giant has been the subject of everything from street art to tee shirts and documentaries. His mass inspired fear, awe, and curiosity everywhere he went, along with mythical stories that ...
Jul 27, 2019 · Andre the Giant (Andre Rene Roussimoff) was born in the countryside of Grenoble, France to parents of average size. It was quickly discovered that Andre most closely shared the genetics of his Bulgarian grandfather who stood over 7 feet tall. When Andre was 14, he towered over his peers at 6’2 and weighed 200 lbs.
Jan 02, 2016 · Andre Rene Roussinoff, better known by his ring name of Andre the Giant, was born in Grenoble France on May 19, 1946. Andre quickly rose in the wrestling ranks to become a household name around the globe, as well as an actor.
If you're new, Subscribe! → http://bit.ly/Subscribe-to-Grunge Back in the '80s, the World Wrestling Federation - now known as World Wrestling Entertainment -...
- 6 min
André the Giant with Daniel, the son of Percy Pringle (Paul Bearer). [Photo: percypringle.com] There is perhaps no other wrestler or performer of the squared circle that has historically commanded such attention as André Roussimof, better known worldwide as The Eighth Wonder of the World: André the Giant.
Feel-Good results for André the Giant
- At his largest, André the Giant stood at seven feet and four inches and weighed about 520 pounds. He was a pro-wrestler and an entertainer, but more importantly, he was a man who inspired awe wherever he went.
- André the Giant had a disease called acromegaly, meaning his pituitary gland produced too much growth hormone. He grew so big that little kids couldn’t help but stare up at him in sheer amazement.
- By the time he was 12 years old, André the Giant (right) was already six-foot-three and 240 pounds. He grew so fast that his parents didn’t recognize him when he returned home from a five-year stay in Paris, where he lived from the ages of 14 through 19.
- Even among his fellow wrestlers, André was huge. When he started his pro-wrestling career in Paris at age 17, he was nicknamed “Géant Ferré” after a French folk hero.