Andrzej Sebastian Duda (Polish pronunciation: [ˈandʐɛj ˈduda] ; born 16 May 1972) is a Polish lawyer and politician who has served as president of Poland since 6 August 2015. Before becoming president, Andrzej Duda was a member of the Polish Lower House of Parliament from 2011 to 2014 and served as an MEP from 2014 to 2015.
Andrzej Duda stalled judicial reform, but revised legislation that had been framed by Duda was adopted by the Sejm in December 2017. That month, former prime minster Kaczyński, the de facto leader of the PiS, oversaw a cabinet reshuffle in which Morawiecki, who had added…
Andrzej Duda is practically a Polish clone of Donald Trump – who will also be seeking reelection less than four months from now – and Duda squeaked out a victory. Duda only got 51.2% of the ...
Meeting with Poland’s leader Duda: Tsikhanouskaya raises issue of recognising Lukashenka regime as terrorist
Belarusian opposition leader Svyatlana Tsikhanouskaya, who arrived in Warsaw a day earlier, met with Poland’s President Andrzej Duda. Valery Kavaleuski, Tsikhanouskaya’s international affairs adviser and Pavel Latushka,
1 week ago
Jul 13, 2020 · WARSAW — President Andrzej Duda of Poland was narrowly elected to a second term after the votes were counted on Monday following the country’s closest presidential election since the end of ...
- 39 sec
- Monika Pronczuk,Marc Santora
Jun 14, 2020 · Polish President Andrzej Duda has called the promotion of LGBT rights an "ideology" more destructive than communism, in a campaign speech.
Jul 13, 2020 · Poland's conservative president, Andrjez Duda, 48, narrowly won reelection to a second five-year term Sunday, further calling into question the country's commitment to Western-style democracy and...
- Zosia Wanat
- Continued hard line on media and society. Duda and high-level PiS politicians, including the party’s powerful leader Jarosław Kaczyński, used the campaign to set out some of their priorities for the next three years of almost untrammeled power.
- Defying Brussels on courts and climate. Law and Justice's ambitions for bringing wider society under centralized state control also spread to other public institutions, including local government and, crucially, the judiciary.
- Opposition licks its wounds. The PiS and Duda promised that his reelection would mean three more years of political stability, but the noxious tone of the four-month campaign has taken its toll on many alliances and partnerships in Polish politics.
- Divided society. Political and social divisions in Polish society have become so deep that exit polls were too close to call in the lead-up to Sunday's second round of voting.
Jun 14, 2020 · Polish President Andrzej Duda accused the LGBT rights movement of promoting a viewpoint more harmful than communism and said he agreed with another conservative politician who stated that "LGBT is...
Jul 16, 2020 · Polish President Andrzej Duda attends a meeting with local residents following his victory in a presidential election in Odrzywol, Poland July 13, 2020. (Marcin Kucewicz/Agencja Gazeta via Reuters)