Andy Samberg (born David A. J. Samberg; August 18, 1978) is an American actor, comedian, writer, producer, and musician. He is a member of the comedy music group The Lonely Island and was a cast member on Saturday Night Live (2005–2012), where he and his fellow group members have been credited with popularizing the SNL Digital Shorts.
Andy Samberg was born in Berkeley, California, to Marjorie (Marrow), a teacher, and Joe Samberg, a photographer. With Jorma Taccone and Akiva Schaffer, Samberg is one of three Los Angeles, California-based writer-performer-filmmakers--all childhood friends--dubbed The Lonely Island, whose short films were showcased on the popular untelevised...
Birthplace: Berkeley, California, USA Andy Samberg joined an esteemed list of breakout performers to emerge from one of television's most revered comedy training grounds, "Saturday Night Live"...
- Life and career
- Acting career
- Personal life
Andy Samberg was born in Berkeley, California, to Marjorie (Marrow), a teacher, and Joe Samberg, a photographer. With Jorma Taccone and Akiva Schaffer, Samberg is one of three Los Angeles, California-based writer-performer-filmmakers--all childhood friends--dubbed The Lonely Island, whose short films were showcased on the popular untelevised television network show and website. Some of their popular shorts included The O.C. (2003) parody \\"The 'Bu\\" and their full-length pilot, \\"Awesometown.\\" They met Jimmy Fallon while writing for 2004 MTV Video Music Awards (2004), who then suggested that they audition for Saturday Night Live (1975). Andy was then cast as a featured performer, and Samberg's Lonely Island cohorts Jorma and Akiva were hired as writers for the show. The group's most notable contributions include The Lonely Island: Lazy Sunday (2005), The Lonely Island Feat. Justin Timberlake: Dick in a Box (2006), and The Lonely Island Feat. T-Pain: I'm on a Boat (2009).
In 2012, after seven years of working on SNL, Samberg resigned from the show. He was originally not looking to join a television series as a regular cast member, but after seeing the script for Brooklyn Nine-Nine (2013), he couldn't pass it up. Andy plays Jake Peralta, the best detective in Brooklyn's 99th police precinct, who also happens to be the most immature. In 2013 Samberg received the Golden Globe for Best Actor - Television Series Musical or Comedy for his performance.
In 2016, Andy starred in the pop music mockumentary Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping (2016). Taccone and Schaffer co-starred in and co-directed the film.
Samberg married singer-songwriter Joanna Newsom on 21 September, 2013, in Big Sur, California. In August 2017, they announced the birth of their baby daughter.
- 'Saturday Night Live' Their hilarious digital shorts, including underground hits such as "White Power," "Regarding Andy," and "Awesometown," soon gained notoriety on the Internet, and in 2005 the trio was invited to write for the MTV Movie Awards.
- 'Hot Rod,' 'I Love You, Man' In addition to his work on SNL, Samberg also boasted blossoming film and music careers. In 2007, he starred in the movie Hot Rod, which co-starred Taccone and was directed by Schaffer, and in 2009, he starred opposite Paul Rudd in the popular comedy I Love You, Man.
- 'That's My Boy' In June 2012, Samberg announced he was leaving Saturday Night Live. He starred with Adam Sandler in the comedy That's My Boy released that summer.
- Voiceover Work for 'Hotel Transylvania' Franchise. That fall, Samberg lent his voice to the animated Hotel Transylvania film franchise in 2012, 2015 and 2018 and in between those years also lent his voice in the animated comedy Storks (2016).
- List of Digital Shorts
- SNL Career
1. Aaron Carter 2. Adam Duritz 3. Billy Bob Thorton 4. Bono 5. Brigitte Nielsen 6. Carl Levin 7. Chuck Norris 8. Conor Oberst 9. David Blaine 10. David Bryan 11. Diablo Cody 12. Dustin Diamond 13. Dylan Sprouse 14. Howard K. Stern 15. Hugh Jackman 16. Jack Johnson 17. James Blunt 18. Jeff Sessler 19. John Stockton 20. Josh Groban 21. Juliette Lewis 22. Keanu Reeves 23. Ken Mehlman 24. Kevin Federline 25. Kris Humphries 26. Mario Lopez 27. Mark Spitz 28. Mark Wahlberg 29. Mark Zuckerberg 30. M...
1. Lettuce 2. Lazy Sunday 3. Young Chuck Norris 4. The Tangent 5. Close Talkers 6. Natalie's Rap 7. Dopplegangers 8. Laser Cats! 9. My Testicles 10. Peyote 11. Andy Walking
Mar 05, 2020 · Andy Samberg is the perfect example. Casual SNL viewers might just remember him as a goofy guy with floppy hair, but if you've ever emailed a Digital Short to any of your friends, you have Samberg...
- Nina Starner
- Religion Information
- Dating Information
- Political Information
- Interesting Facts
- Beliefs on Gay Marriages
Samberg is of Polish Jewish, Lithuanian Jewish, and Russian Jewish descent, however, he is not very devout to his religion. His maternal grandfather was American Jewish Congress executive chair.
After meeting Joanna Newsom (An instrumentalist, singer, and actress) at one of her concerts, and dating for five years, he proposed to her in February 2013. On September 21, 2013, they married in Big Sur, California. He has said that he is a huge fan of her music. Together, they had their first daughter on August 8, 2017.
Samberg has never come out clearly of his political leanings, but he has made some comments on politics. While hosting 2015 Primetime Emmy Awards, he hinted of his political sideline after he regarded the U.S. presidential candidate Donald Trump as being racist and Bernie Sanders as being a mess. We can conclude that he is a democrat especially due to the ‘racist’ remark he made of Donald Trump, and more so, the ‘kind joke’ statement that he made on Bernie Sanders.
As a child, he discovered Saturday Night Livewhile sneaking to watch professional wrestling. He later became so much obsessed with the show, which made him divert his whole attention towards comedy in general. His obsession with comedy troubled his school teachers who were of the opinion that it was distracting his studies. Mark Zuckerberg has praised his performance on Saturday Night live
Obviously, Samberg must be a huge fan of comedy because it’s what he pursued as his career. Again, since he married a musician and having met her in a music concert, we can conclude that he loves music too. He is a tremendous fan of BBC mystery, Sherlock (2010)
Samberg has never commented on gay marriage. Also, he hasn’t participated in any campaigns for LGBT rights. Sources http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1676221/https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Samberg http://redalertpolitics.com/2015/09/21/andy-sambergs-emmy-monologue-gets-politics/ http://www.celebuzz.com/photos/10-things-you-didnt-know-about-andy-samberg/fox-all-star-summer-party-2015/