Anne Meara Stiller (September 20, 1929 – May 23, 2015) was an American actress and comedian. Along with her husband Jerry Stiller, she was one-half of a prominent 1960s comedy team, Stiller and Meara. Their son is actor Ben Stiller. She was also featured on stage, in television, and in numerous films, and later she became a playwright.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Meara
Anne Meara Stiller (September 20, 1929 – May 23, 2015) was an American actress and comedian. Along with her husband Jerry Stiller, she was one-half of a prominent 1960s comedy team, Stiller and Meara. Their son is actor Ben Stiller. She was also featured on stage, in television, and in numerous films, and later she became a playwright.
Anne Meara, Actress: Night at the Museum. The incredibly gifted comedienne-actress Anne Meara is known for her comedic efforts alongside husband-comedian, Jerry Stiller; together, they were 'Stiller and Meara'; they were original members of the improvisational company, the Compass Players, which later evolved as the Second City Theater.
Anne Meara was the only child of Edward Joseph Meara (1893-1980) and Mary (nee Dempsey) Meara (1894-1941). Mary Meara committed suicide when her daughter was 12 years old. She and husband Jerry Stiller appeared on The Ed Sullivan Show (1948) as Stiller and Meara every two months for a total of 36 times.
- She Passed Away at Age 85 of Natural Causes. On May 25, 2015, Meara passed away at age 85. She suffered multiple strokes in her later years but eventually died of natural causes.
- She Was Nominated for 4 Emmy Awards & a Tony Award. Over the course of her career, Meara was nominated for four Emmys and won a Writers Guild Award as a co-writer for the 1983 TV movie, “The Other Woman.”
- Stiller & Meara Were Regulars on ‘The Ed Sullivan Show’ Video Video related to anne meara, jerry stiller’s wife: 5 fast facts you need to know 2020-05-11T08:58:08-04:00.
- She Became a Playwright in the Latter Part of Her Career. In 1995, Meara forayed into writing. Her comedy play, “After-Play” became an Off-Broadway sensation.
May 24, 2015 · Anne Meara, who formed one-half of the comedy duo Stiller & Meara with her husband Jerry Stiller, died Saturday, The Associated Press reports. She was 85 and the cause of death was not made public....
May 25, 2015 · Anne Meara, who was half of one of the most successful male-female comedy teams of all time and who went on to enjoy a long and diverse career as an actress and, late in life, a playwright, died on...
Anne Meara was an American actress best known as one half of the industry’s most renowned comedy duo ‘Stiller and Meara’, the other half being her real-life husband, Jerry Stiller. Both of them were part of Compass Players, an improvisational company which later was renamed The Second City Theater.
May 11, 2020 · Jerry Stiller and Anne Meara had a love story unlike any other in Hollywood. Stiller— who died at age 92 from natural causes, his son Ben Stiller said Monday — was married to Meara, a fellow...
- Eric Todisco
- 1 min
May 23, 2015 · Actress. Along with her husband Jerry Stiller, she was half of the Stiller and Meara comedy team. She was the mother of actress Amy Stiller and actor Ben Stiller. Born to parents of Irish descent, her father was an attorney, her mother committed suicide when Anne was eleven years old.
- 20 Sep 1929, Brooklyn, Kings County (Brooklyn), New York, USA
- 23 May 2015 (aged 85), Manhattan, New York County (Manhattan), New York, USA
- Cremated, Ashes scattered, Specifically: Hessian Lake at Bear Mountain State Park in New York
- 146921228 · View Source
Feel-Good results for Anne Meara
May 26, 2015 · Anne Meara, who died on Saturday at 85, was best known as a comedian, half of Stiller and Meara, her husband being Jerry Stiller. She was also a trained actress, skillful in both comedy and drama....