Battista "Pinin" Farina (later Battista Pininfarina; 2 November 1893 – 3 April 1966) was an Italian automobile designer and the founder of the Carrozzeria Pininfarina coachbuilding company, a name associated with many well known postwar cars. Early life Battista Farina was born in Cortanze, Italy.
- Automobile designer
- 3 April 1966 (aged 72), Lausanne, Switzerland
- Giovanni Carlo Farina (brother)
- Ramya Shah
- List Writer
- 1966 Alfa Romeo 1600 Duetto Spider. In 1967, a movie called “The Graduate” was released. Hollywood icon Dustin Hoffman starred in it alongside Anne Bancroft and Katharine Ross.
- Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider. With this one, Alfa Romeo established the whole ‘small car, big power’ characteristic that their post-war offerings would encapsulate.
- Cisitalia 202. In 1948, Pininfarina made one of his best-looking cars so far, the Cisitalia 202. It looked so amazing that it was one of eight cars chosen to be presented in the York Museum of Modern Art as an exhibit of "excellence as works of art".
- Alfa Romeo 1900. The 1900 was Alfa Romeo’s all-new offering after the war ended. While ‘Touring Coachworks’ built most of these, Pinin Farina also gave 100 of these his touch between 1952 and 1953.
People also ask
Who is Battista Farina?
What happened to Battista Pininfarina?
Did Battista Farina build a 6C Spider sports?
Who invented the Battista?
In 1961, the Italian government authorized the change of Battista’s last name from Farina to Pininfarina as a symbol of gratitude for his contributions as a torch-bearer of the Italian auto industry. In 1966, with Battista Pininfarina’s passing, the world lost a great entrepreneur. He was inducted into the Automotive Hall of Fame in 2004.
Pininfarina S.p.A. (short for Carrozzeria Pininfarina) is an Italian car design firm and coachbuilder, with headquarters in Cambiano, Turin, Italy. The company was founded by Battista "Pinin" Farina in 1930. On 14 December 2015, the Indian multinational giant Mahindra Group acquired 76.06% of Pininfarina S.p.A. for about €168 million.
Battista: sustainable and powerful Italian sport car | Pininfarina 1900 Hp PURE ELECTRIC 350 km/h TOP SPEED 1.86 sec 0-100 km/h 476 km Single charge range VIEW MORE Exposed Carbon with Iconica Blu Thread Iconica Blu Argento Liquido Grigio Exilles Satin Arancio Ivrea Satin Nero Profondo Exposed Carbon tinted in Grey ;
Aug 30, 2021 · Named for the company's founder, Battista "Pinin" Farina, the Battista, with its lavish curves and 1877 horsepower, was brought to life thanks to the investment of Pininfarina's owners, the...