Sir Ben Kingsley (born Krishna Pandit Bhanji; 31 December 1943) is an English actor.Throughout his career spanning over five decades, he has garnered numerous awards and nominations, including a Grammy Award, two Golden Globe Awards, a Screen Actors Guild Award, a BAFTA Award, and an Academy Award from four nominations.
Ben Kingsley was born Krishna Bhanji on December 31, 1943 in Scarborough, Yorkshire, England. His father, Rahimtulla Harji Bhanji, was a Kenyan-born medical doctor, of Gujarati Indian descent, and his mother, Anna Lyna Mary (Goodman), was an English actress. Ben began to act in stage plays during the 1960s.
- Kingsley Ben-Adiryoutube.com
- Kingsley Ben-Adir ('One Night in Miami'): 'My mind was blown' about Malcolm X | GOLD DERBYyoutube.com
- Kingsley Ben-Adir breaks out as Malcolm X in ‘One Night in Miami’chicagotribune.com
- One night in miami kingsley ben adirvimeo.com
- Early life
- Acting career
- Awards and honours
Ben Kingsley was born Krishna Bhanji on December 31, 1943 in Scarborough, Yorkshire, England. His father, Rahimtulla Harji Bhanji, was a Kenyan-born medical doctor, of Gujarati Indian descent, and his mother, Anna Lyna Mary (Goodman), was an English actress. Ben began to act in stage plays during the 1960s. He soon became a successful stage actor, and also began to have roles in films and television. His birth name was Krishna Bhanji, but he changed his name to \\"Ben Kingsley\\" soon after gaining fame as a stage actor, fearing that a foreign name could hamper his acting career.
Kingsley first earned international fame for his performance in the drama movie Gandhi (1982). His performance as Mohandas K. Gandhi earned him international fame. He won many awards - including an Academy Award for Best Actor. He also won Golden Globe, BAFTA and London Film Critics' Circle Awards. After acting in Gandhi (1982), Ben was recognized as one of the finest British actors. After his international fame for appearing in Gandhi (1982), Kingsley appeared in many other famous movies. His success as an actor continued. His performance as Itzhak Stern in the drama movie Schindler's List (1993) earned him a BAFTA nomination for best supporting actor. Schindler's List (1993) won seven Academy Awards, including Best Picture. During the late 1990s, Kingsley acted in many successful movies. He played Sweeney Todd in the television movie The Tale of Sweeney Todd (1997), for which he was nominated for the Screen Actors' Guild Award. His other notable role was as Otto Frank in the television movie Anne Frank: The Whole Story (2001), for which he won the Screen Actors' Guild Award.
In 2002, Kingsley was appointed Knight Bachelor of the Order of the British Empire in the Queen's New Years Honours for his services to drama. In 2013, he received the BAFTA Los Angeles Britannia Award for Worldwide Contribution to Filmed Entertainment. That same year, he also received the Fellowship Award at the Asian Awards in London, England.
Directed by Doug Liman (Mr & Mrs. Smith), this movie is streaming right now and it’s the escape you need. With co-stars Ben Kingsley and Mindy Kaling, Locked ...
SheKnows via Yahoo News
6 days ago
- ‘Locked Down’ Review: Anne Hathaway and Chiwetel Ejiofor Carry Doug Liman’s Pandemic Heist ComedyIndiewire via Yahoo News7 days ago
- New Movies to Watch This Week: ‘Locked Down,’ ‘The Marksman,’ ‘One Night in Miami…’While hardly the antidote for confinement, it’s a creative response to the limitations COVID has placed on the world — which extends to how the film was shot, with big names like Ben Stiller ...Variety via AOL4 days ago
- ‘Locked Down’ Review: Anne Hathaway and Chiwetel Ejiofor Excel as a Couple in Lockdown in Doug Liman’s Up-to-the-Minute Pandemic DramaVariety via Yahoo News7 days ago
- We Could Use a Pandemic-Era Romantic Comedy, But Locked Down Isn't ItTime via Yahoo News5 days ago
- Locked Down review – Anne Hathaway and Chiwetel Ejiofor's pandemic stinkerThe Guardian via Yahoo News7 days ago
Birthplace: Scarborough, Yorkshire, England, UK Exuding an air of gravitas in whatever role he played, Academy Award winner Sir Ben Kingsley made a specialty of playing historical characters,...
Dec 27, 2020 · Ben Kingsley, original name Krishna Bhanji, (born December 31, 1943, Scarborough, Yorkshire, England), British actor recognized for playing a wide range of roles, including that of the title character in Gandhi (1982), for which he won an Academy Award for best actor.
Ben Kingsley full list of movies and tv shows in theaters, in production and upcoming films.
Sir Ben Kingsley, CBE (born Krishna Bhanji; Gujarati:કૃષ્ણા પંડિત ભાણજી; 31 December 1943) is an English actor who has received numerous accolades in his career which spans over 5 decades, including a Grammy Award, two Golden Globe Awards, a Screen Actors Guild Award, a BAFTA Award, and an Academy Award from four nominations.
1 day ago · Ben Kingsley is an English actor who has actively worked in the entertainment field since 1966 and has already spent over 50 years of his life in this field. Initially, he started his career in the theatres and then landed roles in the television sitcom and films.
Feel-Good results for Ben Kingsley