Following German reunification in 1990, Berlin once again became the capital of all of Germany. Berlin is a world city of culture, politics, media and science. Its economy is based on high-tech firms and the service sector, encompassing a diverse range of creative industries, research facilities, media corporations and convention venues.
- 34 m (112 ft)
Official Website of Berlin: Information about the Administration, Events, Culture, Tourism, Hotels and Hotel Booking, Entertainment, Tickets, Public Transport, Political System, Local Authorities and Business in Berlin.
- THE PERFECT 2 DAYS IN BERLIN, GERMANYyoutube.com
- TOP 10 Things to do in Berlin in 2020 | Germany Travel Guide in 4Kyoutube.com
- Why German divisions remain, 30 years after fall of the Berlin Wallyoutube.com
- Trip around Berlin, Germany in 4K 60fps - Virtual Walking Tour with Original City Soundsyoutube.com
Berlin is an edgy city, from its fashion to its architecture to its charged political history. The Berlin Wall is a sobering reminder of the hyper-charged postwar atmosphere, and yet the graffiti art that now covers its remnants has become symbolic of social progress.
Book your tickets online for the top things to do in Berlin, Germany on Tripadvisor: See 571,752 traveler reviews and photos of Berlin tourist attractions. Find what to do today, this weekend, or in August. We have reviews of the best places to see in Berlin. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions.
Berlin, capital and chief urban center of Germany. The city lies at the heart of the North German Plain, athwart an east-west commercial and geographic axis that helped make it the capital of the kingdom of Prussia and then, from 1871, of a unified Germany.
People also ask
What are the best things to see in Berlin Germany?
Why is Berlin located where it is in Germany?
Is Berlin the largest city in Europe?
What are facts about Berlin?
Berlin: experience the German capital just the way you like. No problem with our Berlin insider tips. Whether you want to photograph Berlin's sights, visit museums, or experience events, we have the tips and information to get you there.
- Brandenburg Gate. 4.7 (20471 Votes) Landmark, Historical Site, Architecture. Brandenburg Gate (Brandenburger Tor in German) marks a very prominent place on the cultural and historical map of Berlin.
- Reichstag. 4.6 (20407 Votes) Historical Site, Architecture , Heritage Building. Reichstag is today the seat of German Parliament and holds a very prominent place in the history of Germany.
- Museum Island. 4.7 (16261 Votes) Art And Culture, Museum, Landmark. The Museum Island is worth a visit even just for its old-timey charm and the sheer grandeur when it is lit up at night.
- Pergamon Museum. 4.5 (12031 Votes) Art Museum, Exhibition. The Pergamon Museum is a museum of art. The Bode Museum and the Altes National Galerie weren’t sufficient to display the extensive collection of art in the possession of Germany.
Be prepared with the most accurate 10-day forecast for Berlin, Germany with highs, lows, chance of precipitation from The Weather Channel and Weather.com
Germany's rail company, Deutsche Bahn, wants to build a suburban train line that would run under Berlin's memorial to the Sinti and Roma murdered in the Holocaust. Activists are up in arms about ...
Berlin, the capital of Nazi Germany, was subject to 363 air raids during the Second World War. It was bombed by the RAF Bomber Command between 1940 and 1945, by the USAAF Eighth Air Force between 1943 and 1945, and the French Air Force between 1944 and 1945, as part of the Allied campaign of strategic bombing of Germany.DateBomber CommandNotes7–8 June 1940One Farman N.C.223.4 Jules Verne converted long-range transport. Flew from Bordeaux via Baltic Sea, approaching Berlin from the north (First bombing of Berlin).25–26 August 194095 aircraft.7 September 1940Bombed Christuskirche church in Neukölln.7 September 1940Damaged Brandenburg Gate.