The year 2020 will be remembered for a lot of things - not least the rise of the Black Lives Matter movement around the world. The organisation ...
BBC via Yahoo News
19 hours ago
- Adam Silver: No data ‘Black Lives Matter’ on court hurt NBA ratingsNBC Sports via Yahoo Sports3 hours ago
- This Is What Institutional Racism Actually MeansReader's Digest via AOL1 hour ago
- Covid-19 and Black Lives Matter have shone a spotlight on the need for minority voices in theatreThe Independent via Yahoo News5 hours ago
- Biden reportedly mulls historic nominees for defence secretaryThe Independent via Yahoo News49 minutes ago
- ‘Fargo’ Season 4 Finale: Creator Noah Hawley On Tonight’s Gangland Outcome; The Future Of ‘Cat’s Cradle’ & Those ‘Alien’ TV...Deadline via Yahoo News15 hours ago
Films on Racism and Social Justice
- An estranged couple reunite in a Florida police station to help find their missing teenage son.
- A look at the final years in the life of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Using "Remember This House," to examine race issues in contemporary America.
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. wages a historic, but dangerous, battle to secure voting rights for all.
- Explores the history of racial inequality in the United States
- RaMell Ross captures small, but nevertheless precious, moments in black lives.
- Starr Carter is a prep school student who witnesses the fatal shooting of her childhood best friend at the hands of a police officer
- Exposing the breakdown of the U.S. criminal justice system during the Central Park Five case.
- After her fiance is falsely imprisoned, a pregnant African-American woman sets out to clear his name and prove his innocence.
- Collin must make it through his final three days of probation for a chance at a new beginning.
- Swedish journalists document the black power movement in America.
- Lee's account of erupting racial tensions on a summer afternoon in a predominantly black Brooklyn neighborhood.
- A young man is shot dead during an altercation with California police.
- Williams must confront the psychological and emotional demons that her job creates.
- Wilkerson tries to investigate the 1946 murder of an African-American man by his white supremacist grandfather.
- Lawyer Bryan Stevenson takes on the case of Walter McMillian.
- Filmmaker Stanley Nelson examines the rise of the Black Panther Party in the 1960s and its impact on civil rights and American culture.
Books on Race and Racism for You and Your Kids
- James Baldwin
- Maya Angelou
- Toni Morrison
- Audre Lorde
- Jesmyn Ward
- Ta-Nehisi Coates
- Austin Channing Brown
- Robin Diangelo
- Ibram X. Kendi
- Ijeoma Oluo
- Michelle Alexander
- Ibram X. Kendi
- Marianne Celano et al.
- Kadir Nelson
- Angie Thomas
- Ilyasah Shabazz
- Kekla Magoon
- Martin Luther King Jr.
- Malcolm X
Black Lives Matter - What You Can Do
Podcasts on Racism and Social Justice
- New York Times
- Anna Holmes, Baratunde Thurston, Tanner Colby
- Kimberlé Crenshaw
- Chevon and Hiba
- The Leadership Conference on Civil & Human Rights
- Crooked Media
- Scene on Radio
Black Voices of Verizon Media Group
Feel-Good results for Black Lives Matter