The British Museum shop has a range of unique gifts, replicas, games and more. 10% off for Members Become a Member and enjoy a 10% discount at all of the Museum's shops.
- Exhibitions and Events
A British Museum Spotlight Loan. Crossings: community and...
Search - British Museum
View the Museum map Explore more than 60 galleries at the...
- Exhibitions and Events
The British Museum, in the Bloomsbury area of London, England, is a public institution dedicated to human history, art and culture.Its permanent collection of some eight million works is among the largest and most comprehensive in existence, having been widely collected during the era of the British Empire.
Nearly everyone has heard of the British Museum and with good reason. The collections are absolutely amazing. This is the home of the Rosetta Stone, the Elgin Marbles, and one of the best collection... An amazing free museum!
- Great Russell Street, London, WC1B 3DG
British Museum, in London, comprehensive national museum with particularly outstanding holdings in archaeology and ethnography. It is located in the Bloomsbury district of the borough of Camden.
British Museum, London, United Kingdom — Google Arts & Culture The British Museum’s remarkable collection spans over two million years of human history and culture. Over 6 million visitors every...
- Great Russell Street London WC1B 3DG United Kingdom
People also ask
What are the best things to see in the British Museum?
What is it like to visit the British Museum?
Where is the British Museum located?
What are the hours of the British Museum?
The project is a partnership between the British Museum and Google Cultural Institute. For the first time ever, discover objects from the British Museum’s collection from prehistory to the present using the most advanced WebGL (Web Graphics Library) technology available.
British Museum London, United Kingdom. Google apps. Google Arts & Culture features content from over 2000 leading museums and archives who have partnered with the ...
- Rosetta Stone. Location: Room 4 Ground Floor. Appearing on all British Museum top 10 lists, The Rosetta Stone should be your first stop when visiting the museum.
- Parthenon Marbles. Location: Room 18 Ground Floor. The classical Greek sculptures on display at the British Museum were originally part of the Parthenon – a 2,500 year old temple dedicated to the Greek goddess Athena, in Greece.
- Sutton Hoo mask and ship burial collection. Location: Room 41 Upper Floor. Discovered in 1939, the Anglo-Saxon artefacts discovered at Sutton Hoo are perhaps the most important archaeological discoveries ever made in Britain.
- Egyptian mummies. Location: Rooms 62-63 Upper Floor. Some of the most popular galleries at the British Museum are dedicated to Ancient Egypt. The museum has a collection of over 140 mummies and coffins of which only a small number are on display due to space and preservation restrictions.
- related to: British Museum