- Bro-country is a subgenre of mainstream country music originating in the 2010s, and is influenced by 21st-century hip hop, hard rock and electronica. Bro-country songs are often about attractive young women, the consumption of alcohol, partying, and pickup trucks.. The first use of the term was by Jody Rosen of New York magazine in an article published on August 11, 2013, in which Rosen ...
People also ask
What makes a song bro country?
Is bro-country music a bad representation of country music?
What are some examples of bro-country music?
What songs did Chris Young borrow from bro country?
- Cruise – Florida Georgia Line. Could there be any other song at the top of the Bro Country list? I think this is one of the best selling digital songs of all time.
- My Kinda Party – Jason Aldean. Jason Aldean was just below superstar level in the Summer of 2010. I remember my wife and I saw him in concert that July and a couple weeks later he released this single.
- Bottoms Up – Brantley Gilbert. Brantley had finally broken into the mainstream with four great singles. But after those singles and that successful album the pressure was on to deliver a followup.
- Boys ‘Round Here – Blake Shelton. Blake Shelton appeared a couple times on this list. He’s certainly proven that he can do all kinds of country music, but he found a nice little niche in Bro Country.
Bro-country Bro-country is a form of country pop  originating in the 2010s, and is influenced by 21st-century hip hop, hard rock and electronica.  Bro-country songs are often musically upbeat with lyrics about attractive young girls, the consumption of alcohol, partying, and pickup trucks.  
Toby Keith. Can't Say I Ain't Country. Corey Crowder / Tyler Hubbard / Brian Kelley / Michael Hardy. Florida Georgia Line. I Love My Country. Kane Brown / Corey Crowder / Chase McGill / Ernest Keith Smith / Ryan Vojtesak / Will Weatherly. Florida Georgia Line. Get Your Shine On. Tyler Hubbard / Brian Kelley / Joey Moi / Chase Rice / Jesse Rice.
- "Cruise," Florida Georgia Line. Photo : Mike Lawrie/FilmMagic. If there is a Platonic ideal of a bro-country song, it is Florida Georgia Line’s breakout hit “Cruise.”
- "Drunk on a Plane," Dierks Bentley. Photo : Amy Harris/Shutterstock. For its title alone, Dierks Bentley’s 2014 Riser hit “Drunk on a Plane” deserves a spot in the Bro-Country Hall of Fame.
- "Girl in a Country Song," Maddie & Tae. Photo : Kevin Winter/Getty Images. There’s so much to love about “Girl in a Country Song,” Maddie & Tae’s introductory single wherein they owned the bros: from the music video that flipped the narrative and put dudes in cutoff shorts, to priceless one-liners like “sure I’ll slide on over, but you’re gonna get slapped.”
- "That's My Kind of Night," Luke Bryan. Photo : Amy Harris/Shutterstock. If “Cruise” opened up the bro-country floodgates, then Luke Bryan summed up the trend’s philosophy and ethos most succinctly when, one year later, he shouted: “Girl hand me another beer, yeah!”
Bro-Country 319 releases Originated in the 21st century and takes its cues from Hip Hop, Pop and Contemporary Country. Read more ADVERTISEMENT Top-ranked albums See full chart #1 Doin' My Thing Luke Bryan #2 Montevallo Sam Hunt #3 If I Know Me Morgan Wallen #4 Country Coming Down Paul Cauthen #5 My Kinda Party Jason Aldean #6