In 1979 with his Detroit friends, Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert, Bruce Campbell raised $350,000 for a low-budget film, The Evil Dead (1981), in which he starred and co-executive produced. Completed piecemeal over four years, the film first gained notoriety in England where it became the best-selling video of 1983, beating out The Shining (1980).
Bruce Lorne Campbell (born June 22, 1958) is an American actor, voice actor, producer, writer and director. One of his best-known roles is Ash Williams in Sam Raimi 's Evil Dead franchise, beginning with the 1978 short film Within the Woods.
A ctor, author, and producer Bruce Campbell speaking at a press conference hosted by Hastings College. Bruce was chosen by the Artist Lecture Series to speak on the topic of fear; he covered a wide array of topics ranging
Actor-writer-producer Bruce Campbell not only received his start in B-movies, but embraced and exploited his niche in the medium to become one of the more beloved figures in genre films and...
Bruce Campbell: Pos: T, Career: 19 G, Raiders/Panthers 2010-2012, born CT 1988
- in Hamden, CT
- May 25, 1988
Bruce Lorne Campbell is an actor, voice artist, author, writer, director and producer. He is known for playing the role of Ash Williams in Sam Raimi's hit Evil Dead franchise. Some of his notable film credit includes Darkman, The X-Files, Charmed, Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and Cars 2.
- 60 years old
- Bikram Gyawali
- United States
The latest tweets from @GroovyBruce
- Sam Raimi began torturing him in high school. The Evil Dead director and frequent Campbell collaborator Sam Raimi has repeatedly expressed his delight in torturing Campbell for cameras, drowning him in fake blood and poking him with a stick in order to elicit his desired performance.
- He was not a fashion plate. As detailed in his 2001 autobiography, If Chins Could Kill, Campbell saw no need to sport blue jeans while cruising the hallways of his Michigan high school in the 1970s.
- He fended off the advances of prostitutes. After dropping out of college to pursue acting, Campbell found work with a Detroit-area taxi company, Southfield Cab.
- He hated The Evil Dead as a title. When Raimi and his crew finally finished shooting their splatter flick The Evil Dead and began seeking a distribution deal, they were calling it Book of the Dead.
That’s because Bruce Campbell, a retired electrical engineer, lives, believe it or not, in retired Boeing 727 fuselage. The industrious recycler Bruce has had his old plane placed in woods near Portland, Oregon, where he lives happily amongst some of the original seating and even the airplane-style toilet.
- related to: Bruce Campbell
peoplelooker.com has been visited by 100K+ users in the past month
publicrecordsofficial.com has been visited by 100K+ users in the past month