- related to: Christopher Hitchens
Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Free 2-Day Shipping w/Amazon Prime.
Christopher Eric Hitchens (13 April 1949 – 15 December 2011) was an Anglo - American socio-political critic and public intellectual, who mainly expressed himself as an author, journalist, orator, and columnist. He wrote, co-wrote, edited or co-edited over 30 books, including five of essays on culture, politics, and literature .
- “Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are god. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are gods.”
- “That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” ― Christopher Hitchens.
- “To terrify children with the image of hell, to consider women an inferior creation—is that good for the world?” ― Christopher Hitchens.
- “Everybody does have a book in them, but in most cases that's where it should stay.” ― Christopher Hitchens.
Christopher Hitchens, the #1 New York Times–bestselling author of God Is Not Great, has been called a Tom Paine for our times. In this addition to the Books that Changed the World Series, Hitchens vividly introduces Paine and his Declaration of the Rights of Man , the world’s foremost defense of democracy.
Dec 16, 2011 · Fri 16 Dec 2011 01.11 EST. For most of his career, Christopher Hitchens, who has died of oesophageal cancer aged 62, was the left's biggest journalistic star, writing and broadcasting with wit ...
- Whenever I hear some bigmouth in Washington or the Christian heartland banging on about the evils of sodomy or whatever, I mentally enter his name in my notebook and contentedly set my watch.
- Religion is poison because it asks us to give up our most precious faculty, which is that of reason, and to believe things without evidence. It then asks us to respect this, which it calls faith.
- What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. Christopher Hitchens. Inspirational, Wisdom, Atheist.
- A virgin can conceive. A dead body can walk again. Your leprosy can be cured. The blind can see. Nonsense. It’s not moral to lie to children. Christopher Hitchens.
God Bashing at Its Best by Christopher Hitchens is a compilation video of some amazing moments of our beloved and dearly missed Christopher Hitchens. Christo...
- 11 min
- Agatan Foundation