Christopher Edward Nolan CBE (/ ˈ n oʊ l ə n /; born 30 July 1970) is a British-American film director, producer, and screenwriter. His directorial efforts have grossed more than US$5.1 billion worldwide, garnered 34 Oscar nominations and ten wins.
‘Tenet’: Ludwig Göransson Put Chris Nolan’s Breath in His Score — and Rethought Composing Altogether
The Oscar-winning composer experimented with unique musical inversion techniques, including manipulating guitar sounds and Nolan's breath.
IndieWire on MSN.com
4 days ago
Christopher Nolan, Writer: Inception. Best known for his cerebral, often nonlinear, storytelling, acclaimed writer-director Christopher Nolan was born on July 30, 1970, in London, England. Over the course of 15 years of filmmaking, Nolan has gone from low-budget independent films to working on some of the biggest blockbusters ever made. At 7 years old, Nolan began making short movies ...
Christopher Nolan Celebrity Profile - Check out the latest Christopher Nolan photo gallery, biography, pics, pictures, interviews, news, forums and blogs at Rotten Tomatoes!
Christopher Nolan, (born July 30, 1970, London, England), British film director and writer acclaimed for his noirish visual aesthetic and unconventional, often highly conceptual narratives. Nolan was raised by an American mother and a British father, and his family spent time in both Chicago and London. As a child, he attended Haileybury, a ...
- The Prestige (2006) The Prestige is one of the great modern films, and has the best script of any Nolan film. Nolan found what worked so well with Memento and took that electricity a step further.
- Memento (2000) Memento changed cinema forever, and shaped Nolan’s storytelling style. The film took full advantage of the medium in a way we had never seen before, and in many respects still have yet to be capitalized upon.
- Dunkirk (2017) Christopher Nolan mentioned that he intentionally built Dunkirk to play like the third act of any other war film, just stretched out across 106 minutes.
- The Dark Knight (2008) Now I know what you’re thinking… How could The Dark Knight not make it into the top three? But before you hurl your collectable Batman sippy-cup into that mint condition Gotham lunch box (complete with Victor Fries ice pack) remember this
- Dunkirk. An astonishing war movie, and perhaps the culmination of Nolan’s various experiments in editing and structure. In retelling the British evacuation of France in 1940 — the result of an early, disastrous defeat against the Nazis — the director intercuts three narrative timelines of differing lengths, which leads to some surprising twists and turns in the story.
- The Dark Knight. If nothing else, this is one of the most influential movies of our time — the entire DC Universe of superhero tentpoles has basically been built around its success.
- The Prestige. Nolan’s sole literary adaptation — based on Christopher Priest’s 1995 novel — also features his most subtle, complex characters. As dueling magicians in turn of the century London, Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale are both charming and sinister in their obsessions with one another.
- Interstellar. One of the saddest, loneliest space epics ever made, Nolan’s expansive sci-fi film — about Matthew McConaughey and Anne Hathaway traveling through a wormhole to another part of the universe in an effort to find a new home for humanity — was divisive when it came out, but it’s slowly being acknowledged as one of his best works.
Jan 23, 2021 · Christopher Nolan . Arthur Mola/Invision/AP. This week, the Wall Street Journal put into words what we all suspected: After Warner Bros. made its controversial decision to move its 2021 slate to a ...
- Zack Sharf
Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy (2005-2012) by binhdan | created - 20 Aug 2015 | updated - 20 Aug 2015 | Public Refine See titles to watch instantly, titles you haven't rated, etc
- THE DARK KNIGHT RISES (2012) - $1,081,041,287 WORLDWIDE. The ending to the aforementioned famous Nolan Dark Knight trilogy was highly anticipated and delivered big in the form of The Dark Knight Rises.
- THE DARK KNIGHT (2008) - $1,004,934,033 WORLDWIDE. One of, if not the most iconic and greatest superhero movies of all time, The Dark Knight is a special movie which lies on the legacy of a special actor delivering an extraordinary performance.
- INCEPTION (2010) - $829,895,144 WORLDWIDE. One of, if not the best sci-fi movie of the 2010s or perhaps ever, Inception is a mind-bending, challenging, genius, thrilling, and original movie by Nolan which was one of the blockbuster hits of 2010.
- INTERSTELLAR (2014) - $677,471,339 WORLDWIDE. Interstellar is an aesthetically gorgeous, thought-provoking, and immensely ambitious film that reaches for the stars both literally and figuratively, but perhaps, in terms of its vision, its reach is not long enough.