The Coen brothers' own film production company, Mike Zoss Productions located in New York City, has been credited on their films from O Brother, Where Art Thou? onwards. It was named after Mike Zoss Drug, an independent pharmacy in St. Louis Park since 1950 that was the brothers' beloved hangout when they were growing up in the Twin Cities .
- Joel: 1Ethan: 2
- The Coen Brothers, Roderick Jaynes, Mike Zoss
- Film directors, producers, screenwriters, editors
Coen Brothers(Joel & Ethan), Produced 18 Films from 1984 thru 2018. Other works: Crimewave (1985) - film written by the Coens and Sam Raimi, directed by Sam Raimi Bad Santa (2003) - film starring Billy Bob Thornton, produced by the Coens Paris, je t'aime (2006) - TUILERIES - an entertaining sequence by the Coen brothers.
In her new movie “Breaking News In Yuba County,” Allison Janney plays Sue Buttons, a suburban housewife whose husband has just gone missing. “Ma” and “The Help” filmmaker Tate Taylor directs ...
The Wrap via Yahoo News
2 days ago
- The Russo Brothers on How Tom Holland ‘Opened Up’ Dark Opioid Drama ‘Cherry’From a script by their younger sister Angela Russo-Otstot, which she co-wrote with Jessica Goldberg, it’s a dramatic departure from their other work. The same goes for Tom Holland’s performance ...Variety via AOL14 hours ago
- ‘The Marksman’ Review: Liam Neeson Saves a Mexican Boy From Cartel Slaughter in a Feel-Good Action Road MovieVariety via Yahoo News4 days ago
- Jeff Bridges Gives An Update On His Tumor After Lymphoma DiagnosisHuffPost via AOL2 days ago
- Best Memoirs by Filmmakers: Akira Kurosawa, Oliver Stone, and MoreIndiewire via Yahoo News1 day ago
- George Clooney Talks Streaming, Movie Stars & What He Learned From ‘Batman & Robin’: BAFTA Life In PicturesDeadline via Yahoo News2 days ago
Joel David Coen (born November 29, 1954) and Ethan Jesse Coen (born September 21, 1957), collectively referred to as the Coen brothers, are American filmmakers. Their films span many genres and styles, which they frequently subvert or parody. The brothers write, direct and produce their films jointly.
- Blood Simple (1984), Raising Arizona (1987), Miller's Crossing (1990), Barton Fink (1991), The Hudsucker Proxy (1994), Fargo (1996), The Big Lebowski (1998), O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000), The Man Who Wasn't There (2001), Intolerable Cruelty (2003), The Ladykillers (2004), No Country for Old Men (2007), Burn After Reading (2008), A Serious Man (2009), True Grit (2010), Inside Llewyn Davis (2013), Hail, Caesar! (2016), The Ballad of Buster Scruggs (2018), The Tragedy of Macbeth (TBA, Joel only, also wrote)
Coen brothers, American filmmakers whose stylish films combine comedy and drama and often center on eccentric characters and convoluted plots. Notable films included Raising Arizona (1987), Fargo (1996), The Big Lebowski (1998), and No Country for Old Men (2007). Read more about the Coen brothers’ lives and careers.
Sep 27, 2020 · Coen Brothers auteur Dividing credit with the Coen Brothers. This brotherly directing duo consists of Joel Coen and Ethan Coen. Due to Directors Guild of America (or DGA) regulations specifying that only one person may be credited as the director of a film, the Coen Brothers did not share directorial credit on their movies for many years.
- Coen Brothers: The Post Modern Films - The Directors Series (FULL DOCUMENTARY)youtube.com
- The Coen Brothers on 'Barton Fink' and Audience Feedback | The Dick Cavett Showyoutube.com
- Coen Brothers: The Crazy Mania Films - The Directors Series (FULL DOCUMENTARY)youtube.com
- Vice Guide To Film - 112:114 - The Coen Brothersvimeo.com
Dec 28, 2020 · If you’re a fan of the Coen brothers then you’re probably acutely familiar with Fargo‘s opening words. “This is a true story,” white text against a black background reads. “The events ...
- Kayla Cobb
Jan 13, 2021 · All Coen Brothers Movies Ranked by Tomatometer Since their 1984 neo-noir debut Blood Simple , brother directors Joel and Ethan Coen have danced amok across American cinema with mordant tales of wayward souls and their crimes and misdemeanors.
Nov 01, 2000 · Directed by Sarah Aspinall. With Neil Pearson, Ethan Coen, Joel Coen, Roger Deakins. A documentary showing the lives of the famous directors Ethan Coen and Joel Coen.
- Sarah Aspinall
Nov 16, 2018 · Miller's Crossing is an argument for the Coen brothers as brilliant, unparalleled writers, able to weave plots and complex themes together while peppering the script with Dashiell Hammett-style ...
- Thrillist Entertainment
Feel-Good results for Coen brothers