Columbus is a consolidated city-county located on the west-central border of the U.S. state of Georgia. Columbus lies on the Chattahoochee River directly across from Phenix City, Alabama. It is the county seat of Muscogee County, with which it officially merged in 1970. 
- 243 ft (74 m)
- Christopher Columbus
- Whitewater Express. Launch yourself into fun with Columbus, GA Whitewater! Named one of the Top 12 Man-Made Adventures in the World by USA Today, you'll glide down the river with rafting adventures ranging from a mild Lazy River to the famously wild Class V rapids ...
- Uptown Columbus. Be sure to explore Uptown Columbus, the lodging, nightlife, retail and Entertainment District along the Chattahoochee River. This area hosts Market Days on Broadway, a farmers and makers market, as well as a free concert series.
- National Infantry Museum. The National Infantry Museum interprets the history of the infantry from the founding of America to present day global peace keeping.
- Oxbow Meadows Environmental Learning Center. Spend time in the great outdoors at Oxbow Meadows Environmental Learning Center. Opened in 1995, the Center has natural history displays, exhibits and nature trails to educate visitors about the biodiversity of the region.
People also ask
Where is Columbus Georgia located?
What is Columbus Consolidated Government?
Why is Columbus the second largest city in Georgia?
What is Columbus Georgia known for?
May 25, 2023 · Columbus, city (since 1971 consolidated with Muscogee county), western Georgia, U.S., at the head of navigation on the Chattahoochee River, opposite Phenix City, Alabama. Founded in 1828 and carved out of the wilderness, it had by 1840 become a leading inland cotton port with a thriving textile industry utilizing power from falls in the river.
- The Editors of Encyclopaedia Britannica
Plan an Adventure Dining More than our fair share of culinary treasures. View Dining Meetings & Groups Memorable venues and superb meeting services. Plan Your Event Attractions The only hard part is choosing what to do first. View Attractions Events Experiences that will entertain and energize. View Our Events
Has everything to help newcomers explore the City of Columbus, Georgia for a day or a lifetime. 8. The Lunch Box Museum. 56. Speciality Museums. By robertc14. Wondertwin powers activate, form of, the largest lunchbox collection in the world. 9. RiverCenter for the Performing Arts.
Columbus is a city in and the county seat of Muscogee County, Georgia, United States, with which it is consolidated. According to the 2010 U.S. Census, the population is 189,885. It is the principal city of the Columbus, Georgia metropolitan area, which, in 2009, had an estimated population of 292,795.
On behalf of our City Council and over 3,000 City Employees Welcome to Columbus, Georgia a great place to live, do business, work and play.Columbus Consolidated Government is Georgia's first consolidated government, and is proud to serve as a model for other local governments across the nation.
Area: 59,425 sq mi (153,909 sq km). Population: ~ 10,750,000.
Jul 1, 2022 · 78,491. Persons per household, 2017-2021. 2.52. Living in same house 1 year ago, percent of persons age 1 year+, 2017-2021. 78.8%. Language other than English spoken at home, percent of persons age 5 years+, 2017-2021. 7.8%. Computer and Internet Use. Households with a computer, percent, 2017-2021.
Time/General Weather Time Zone DST Changes Sun & Moon 12 3 6 9 1 2 4 5 7 8 10 11 10:26:34 am EDT Friday, May 26, 2023 Fullscreen Holiday Note: May 29, Memorial Day. Businesses may be closed. See more Weather 70 °F Scattered clouds. 78 / 59 °F Weather by CustomWeather, © 2023 More weather details Time Zone EDT (Eastern Daylight Time)
Columbus, Georgia, once the site of a Creek Indian Village, is one of the few cities in the United States to be planned in advance of its founding. Established in 1828 as a trading post to strengthen the western border of Georgia, Columbus was the last "frontier town" of the original Thirteen Colonies.