Dōtonbori or Dōtombori (道頓堀, pronounced [doːtomboɾi]) is one of the principal tourist destinations in Osaka, Japan, running along the Dōtonbori canal from Dōtonboribashi Bridge to Nipponbashi Bridge in the Namba district of the city's Chuo ward. Historically a theater district, it is now a popular nightlife and entertainment area ...
Aug 3, 2021 · Walking along the Dōtonbori Canal, you’ll see a steady stream of yellow, open-air tourist boats. These are the Tonbori River Cruises, which take just 20 minutes to whisk you around the canal, so you can see the famous sights – such as the Glico running man sign (see below) – from a new perspective. You embark near Namba Station, where ...
- Brooke Larsen
12,474 reviews. 199. Dotonbori is a must go-to-place when you visit Osaka and there are hundreds of stands for authentic Japanese street food like Takoyaki, gyoza and fried skewers...etc. The ambiance was lively and energetic but it is always crowded and has lines in front of each restaurant. Food wasn’t bad but you need to make sure to check ...
- Chuo-ku, Dotombori, Osaka Prefecture 542-0076
People also ask
What is Dotonbori famous for?
What to eat in Dotonbori?
Is dtonbori's Chibo good?
What are the tonbori river cruises?
- Brooke Larsen
- Creo-Ru. Restaurant, Japanese, $$$ These tasty fried octopus balls are one of Osaka's most well-known treats. | © Leng Cheng / Flickr. Osaka is the food capital of Japan, known for favorites from takoyaki to kushikatsu.
- Kushikatsu Daruma Dotonbori. Restaurant, Japanese, $$$ Another restaurant that’s easy to find thanks to the queue is Kushikatsu Daruma. Kushikatsu is deep fried and skewered food.
- Hozenji Sampei. Restaurant, Japanese, $$$ Hozenji Sampei is famous for their fluffy and fresh okonomiyaki, a dish often described as a Japanese pancake.
- Kigawa. Restaurant, Japanese, $$$ A characteristically simplistic but flavorful dish at Kigawa. | © TomEats / Flickr. At Kigawa you can expect to be treated to a traditional kappo ryori (fine-dining) meal.
Dōtonbori Ramen PH, Cebu City. 4,732 likes · 1,554 talking about this · 236 were here. Authentic flavors of Japan with a restaurant vibes of the ever vibrant and bright heart of Osaka. Some...