- 1. physical harm caused to something in such a way as to impair its value, usefulness, or normal function: "bombing caused extensive damage to the town" Similar
- 2. a sum of money claimed or awarded in compensation for a loss or an injury: "she was awarded $284,000 in damages" Similar
- 1. inflict physical harm on (something) so as to impair its value, usefulness, or normal function: "the car was badly damaged in the accident"
Powered by Oxford Dictionaries
People also ask
What are some examples of actual damages?
What are the legal definitions of damage and damages?
What is the definition of damaged?
What is damages in law?
Damage definition is - loss or harm resulting from injury to person, property, or reputation. How to use damage in a sentence. Synonym Discussion of damage.
1. Destruction or a loss in value, usefulness, or ability resulting from an action or event. 2. damages Law Money required to be paid as compensation for an injury or wrong. 3.
Damage: something that causes loss or pain. Synonyms: affliction, detriment, harm… Find the right word. SINCE 1828. GAMES THESAURUS WORD OF THE DAY BLOG SHOP. LOG ...
1. Damage, detriment, harm, mischief refer to injuries of various kinds. Damage is the kind of injury or the effect of injury that directly impairs appearance, value, usefulness, soundness, etc.: Fire causes damage to property.
Damage "does not necessarily imply total loss of system functionality, but rather that the system is no longer operating in its optimal manner". Damage to physical objects is "the progressive physical process by which they break",: 1. and includes mechanical stress that weakens a structure, even if this is not visible.: ix.
Find 165 ways to say DAMAGE, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
Oct 08, 2010 · Directed by Jeff King. With Steve Austin, Walton Goggins, Laura Vandervoort, Donnelly Rhodes. An ex-con battles it out in the cage to pay for the operation that would save the daughter of his victim.
- Jeff King
- related to: Damage
zapmeta.com has been visited by 100K+ users in the past month