David Sanford Milch (born March 23, 1945) is an American writer and producer of television series. He has created several television shows, including NYPD Blue (co-created with Steven Bochco) and Deadwood.
- Rita Stern (m. 1982)
- Screenwriter, television producer
- David Sanford Milch, March 23, 1945 (age 76), Buffalo, New York
David Milch, Writer: Hill Street Blues. David Milch was born on March 23, 1945 in Buffalo, New York, USA as David S. Milch. He is a writer and producer, known for Hill Street Blues (1981), NYPD Blue (1993) and Deadwood (2004). He has been married to Rita Stern since 1982. They have three children.
- David Milch
Apr 23, 2019 · David Milch, the creator of “Deadwood,” revealed his Alzheimer’s diagnosis in an interview published Tuesday. “As best I understand it, which is minimally, I have a deterioration in the ...
- Due to massive debt his net worth tanked to an abysmal level. After making around $100 million over his career it’s been found that he’s actually in debt to the tune of $17 million, or was at one point.
- Mitch had to be put on a weekly allowance so that he would quit gambling. At one point he was allowed only $40 a week so that he couldn’t go gambling and waste millions as he’d been doing.
- He struggled with a few addictions in the past. Gambling and drugs seemed to be two of his biggest vices in the past as he would spend a great deal of money on both and eventually allowed it to become a huge problem that could have ended up ruining his life had it gone any further.
- It’s been noted that he’s micromanaged the show Deadwood quite a bit in the past. He would supposedly order rewrites if there was something he didn’t agree with.
Oct 16, 2020 · Milch is battling Alzheimer’s, a ravaging brain disease for which there is no cure. From his residence at a care facility in Southern California, Milch describes his experience: “I’m 75 ...
Dec 12, 2019 · “Deadwood” creator David Milch has sold his Martha’s Vineyard home.The waterfront compound in Vineyard Haven, on the exclusive island off the coast of Massachusetts, went to a new buyer for ...
Apr 23, 2019 · Deadwood creator David Milch says he always had faith that his HBO Western would someday get to wrap up its story, even as more than a dozen years have passed since its surprise cancellation in 2006.
- Matt Zoller Seitz