- related to: Diana Ross
Diana Ross (born March 26, 1944) is an American singer and actress. Born and raised in Detroit, Michigan, she rose to fame as the lead singer of the vocal group The Supremes, who became Motown's most successful act during the 1960s and one of the world's best-selling girl groups of all time.
Jan 19, 2021 · Diana Ross began singing with friends as a teenager, and eventually formed the groundbreaking 1960s trio the Supremes, going on to have hits like "Come See About Me" and "You Can't Hurry Love."...
- 1 min
Diana Ross and Evan Ross: The family connection bridging gap between 1972’s ‘Lady Sings the Blues’ and ‘United States vs. Billie Holiday’
It was the singer’s first film role, and she triumphed in the part, earning one of the film’s five Oscar nominations while launching a successful acting career (The Wiz, Mahogany). Meanwhile ...
Yahoo Movies via AOL
2 hours ago
- Mary Wilson: Singer and founding member of The SupremesThe Independent via Yahoo News1 hour ago
- Evan Ross Says Mom Diana Ross Loves ‘The United States vs. Billie Holiday’Variety via AOL2 hours ago
- The United States vs Billie Holiday review: A sloppy, reductive take on the singer’s lifeThe Independent via Yahoo News2 hours ago
- Review: Andra Day shines in overstuffed Billie Holiday bioAssociated Press via Yahoo News1 day ago
- Tracee Ellis Ross Once Yelled at Mom Diana Ross for Storing Iconic Performance Outfit in the GaragePeople via Yahoo News7 days ago
Best known as the the lead singer of the popular 1960s singing group The Supremes, Diana Ernestine Earle Ross was born on March 26, 1944, in Detroit, Michigan, the second of six children of African-American parents Ernestine Lillian (Moten), a schoolteacher, and Fred Earl Ross, who served in the army. After being raised in housing projects for...
Jul 13, 2020 · Diana Ross has shared on her social networks a snippet from a rare recording which sounds fresh and brand new. Although, the singer didn't say where it was from, fans believe that the song can be a new single from the forthcoming album. https://youtu.be/wJelztehHVs Yesterday evening, Ms.Ross shared on Facebook and Instagram a video with …
Feb 09, 2021 · Diana Ross paid tribute to her fellow original member of the Supremes, Mary Wilson, who died on Monday at age 76. Ross tweeted on Tuesday morning that she had just woken up to the news of Wilson’s death. Wilson died at her home in Nevada, her publicist said. No cause of death was given.
541.7k Followers, 5 Following, 204 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Ms Ross (@dianaross)
Ross is the oldest son of Diana Ross and Norwegian shipping tycoon and adventurist Arne Naess. Instead of joining his famous family members in show business, Ross has led a life of adventure, like his father.
- Early Life
- Personal Life
- Age, Height, and Weight
- Awards & Achievements
- Net Worth & Salary of Diana Ross in 2020
Diana Ernestine Earle Ross was born on March 26, 1944, in Detroit, Michigan, United States. Her father, Fred Ross, Sr. died in 2007, and her mother Ernestine Moten died in 1984. Diana Ross studied at the Cass Technical High School. She took courses and classes for clothes designing, tailoring, and modeling.
Diana Ross was married and divorced two times. Her first marriage was in 1971 to the music executive and businessman Robert Ellis Silberstein, and they got divorced in 1977. Diana and Robert gave birth to 2 daughters, actress-model and TV host Tracee Ellis Ross, and Chudney Ross. Robert also gave birth and raised Diana’s daughter from her previous relationship with the songwriter and record producer Berry Gordy, and her name is Rhonda Ross Kendrick. Diana Ross’s second marriage was in 1985 to the businessman Arne Næss Jr., and they got divorced in 2000. Diana and Arne gave birth to 2 sons, Ross Naess, and actor and musician Evan Ross.
Being born on 26 March 1944, Diana Ross is 76 years old as of today’s date 10th May 2020. Her height is 1.64 m tall, and her weight is 54 kg.
Diana Ross is considered to be one of the founders of “The Supremes” female band or group. The band was first named The Primettes, and then it got renamed. Their debut album “Meet The Supremes” was released in 1962, and it was commercially successful as it peaked at 13 on the United Kingdom Albums Chart. “Where Did Our Love Go” is their second album, and it debuted at one on many charts, including the Canadian RPM Top 40 chart, the United States Billboard Hot 100 chart, the United States Cash Box Top 100 chart, and the Cash Box R&B chart. Diana Rosse’s last studio album with The Supremes was released in 1969 titled “Cream of the Crop.” Diana Ross started her solo career soon after The Supremes. Her debut self-titled album “Diana Ross” debuted at one on the United States Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart. Diana Ross’s latest two albums are titled “Blue” and “I Love You.” As an actress, Diana Ross has 13 credited TV movies and series acting roles. In 1972, she starred in a biographical dra...
Diana Ross has earned more than 100 award nominations and winnings. For “Lady Sings the Blues” biography, she won the American Music Award for Favorite Pop/Rock Album, Golden Globe Award for New Star of the Year – Actress, and other awards. Diana Ross has received a total of 12 Grammy Award nominations, and she received the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award in 2012. Diana Ross’s latest awards and honors including the Presidential Medal of Freedom, and the 2017 American Music Lifetime Achievement Award.
As of May 2020, The estimated net worth of Diana Ross has reached up to $270 million. She made her hundreds of millions from the albums she released and performed with “The Supremes” band and solo. Most of Diana Ross’s studio and live albums and singles ranked on top charts, which tells that they got sold for hundreds of thousands or even millions of copies. Diana Ross is a great singer and songwriter who has received many awards and honors for her great work. She started her career with “The Supremes” band, and then she went on a solo career. Diana Ross looked very happy while receiving the 2017 American Music Lifetime Achievement Award for her outstanding contribution and performance in the music industry.
- Kimberly Zapata
- Rhonda Ross Kendrick. Born in 1971, Rhonda Ross Kendrick—also known as Rhonda Suzanne Silberstein—has followed in her mother's footsteps. She is an actress, singer, songwriter, and public speaker.
- Tracee Ellis Ross. Best known for her role as Rainbow Johnson on Black-ish, Tracee Ellis Ross—born Tracee Joy Silberstein—was born in 1972. Tracee studied theater at Brown University, she worked as a model (albeit for a short time), and in 1996 she made her big screen debut, portraying Kiki in Far Harbor.
- Chudney Ross. While Tracee, Rhonda, and mama Ross made names for themselves on stage or in front of the camera, Chudney Ross Silberstein opted to stay behind it.
- Ross Naess This content is imported from Instagram. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.
Feel-Good results for Diana Ross
- related to: Diana Ross