Help continue our promise to Make America Great Again!
Nixon Historian Says New Donald Trump Indictment Boils Down To 1 Thing
Donald Trump “understood that he got power when he was elected, but didn’t understand that he had obligations,” presidential historian Timothy Naftali said ...
HuffPost via Yahoo
2 hours ago
16 hours ago · CNN — Former President Donald Trump has been indicted in the special counsel’s classified documents probe, sources familiar with the matter tells CNN. Trump said on Truth Social Thursday that...
Videos - Donald Trump
The historical and political impacts of Trump's indictment in classified documents caseCBS News Videos2 hours ago
Former President Donald Trump announced his indictment in a federal probe into his handling of classified documents. CBS News chief political analyst John Dickerson joins "CBS Mornings" to discuss the impacts.
- 04:51The historical and political impacts of Trump's indictment in classified documents caseCBS News VideosFormer President Donald Trump announced his indictment in a federal probe into his handling of classified documents. CBS News chief political analyst John Dickerson joins "CBS Mornings" to discuss the impacts.2 hours ago
- 00:24President Joe Biden adamant he played no role in Donald Trump's indictmentUSA TODAYPresident Joe Biden said he's never influenced the DOJ as critics raise accusations following Donald Trump's indictment over classified documents.3 hours ago
- 01:04Why Trump's documents case is differentAssociated Press VideosFormer President Donald Trump is not the only public official related to the White House to have taken classified documents with them after leaving office. But, the former President is the first to be indicted on criminal charges related to the mishandling of those documents. (June 9)3 hours ago
- 01:47Eye Opener: Trump indicted in documents caseCBS News VideosFormer President Donald Trump is indicted by the Department of Justice, making him the first former U.S. president to face federal criminal charges. Also, air quality alerts remain in place for millions of Americans due to smoke from Canadian wildfires. All that and all that matters in today’s Eye Opener.4 hours ago
- 03:03Trump indicted on federal charges over classified docsReuters VideosSTORY: Former U.S. President Donald Trump was told to show up at federal court next Tuesday in Miami, as he faces a second indictment, this time over his handling of classified materials after he left the White House. And this marks the first time in American history a former president has been indicted on federal charges, adding to his legal troubles as he runs for president again. The indictment remains under seal. Sources say Trump faces at least seven criminal counts in the federal case. It’s illegal for the government to comment on grand jury matters that haven’t been made public. However, Trump’s legal team would have been told what those seven charges were, as part of his summons. Reuters could not immediately learn what specific charges Trump was facing, and his attorneys did not immediately respond for a comment. Trump, who leads the GOP in the polls, targeted the Biden administration in a video posted on Thursday on his social media platform. “I am an innocent man, I am an innocent person.” “Our country is going to hell. They come after Donald Trump, weaponizing the Justice Department, weaponizing the FBI….” Around 100 documents bearing “classified” markings were recovered from Trump’s Palm Beach home last August. The Justice Department was looking into whether Trump unlawfully removed them when he left office in 2021, and whether he or others tried to block the government’s investigation. On Thursday reporters challenged Joe Biden about the Justice Department’s independence in relation to the case. “I have never once, not one single time, suggested to the Justice Department what they should do, or not do in terms of bringing a charge or not bringing a charge. I'm honest. Following news of the indictment, House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, other Republicans such as Ron DeSantis, and billionaire Elon Musk tweeted messages to support Trump. Hofstra University Constitutional Law professor James Sample, says it's likely federal prosecutors will bring charges that are “serious” and “easy to prove” but he also said that doesn't mean Trump’s poll numbers will suffer. “And, in fact, it was striking to witness that when he was indicted in New York on the charges arising out of the Stormy Daniels affair and the classification of those expenditures, his poll numbers actually improved. Now, is that causation or is it merely correlation? It's very, very difficult to say. But one thing that we have learned over the last couple of years in particular is that the normal rules, the normal political assumptions that apply, seemingly don't apply in the same way to Donald Trump.” Trump is the first former president in U.S. history to face criminal charges. That’s after he pleaded not guilty to 34 counts of falsifying business records linked to hush money paid to porn star Stormy Daniels before the 2016 election. He also faces a much more serious criminal investigation by a county prosecutor in Georgia relating to his efforts to undo his 2020 election loss in that state.8 hours ago
- 03:07Trump facing federal charges in classified docs investigationABC News VideosSources told ABC News that Trump faces at least seven charges, including conspiracy to obstruct justice.9 hours ago
- 01:04Trump arraignment set for TuesdayABC News VideosFormer President Donald Trump was issued a summons to appear at Miami federal court on Tuesday where he will surrender to face criminal charges.9 hours ago
- 04:12Trump attorney talks indictment in classified docs caseABC News VideosJames Trusty, a lawyer for former President Donald Trump, discusses how his team plans to fight the federal charges tied to the investigation into his handling of classified documents.9 hours ago
- 02:34How Trump’s indictment could impact presidential campaignABC News VideosABC News chief legal analyst Dan Abrams breaks down the federal charges against former President Donald Trump and how it could play out in the court system.9 hours ago
- 01:19GOP candidates react to news of Trump indictmentABC News VideosABC News’ Rachel Scott shares what candidates Mike Pence, Chris Christie, Ron DeSantis and Asa Hutchinson have to say about former President Donald Trump facing federal charges.9 hours ago
- 00:54Biden silent amid news of Trump facing federal chargesABC News VideosThe White House has not commented on former President Trump’s indictment and President Joe Biden previously reiterated his support for an independent Justice Department.9 hours ago
- 02:37Trump indicted in classified documents caseABC News VideosThe former president now faces seven federal charges, including conspiracy and espionage. ABC News’ Andrew Dymburt has the new details.10 hours ago
- 00:56Trump indictment is 'hugely significant': expertReuters VideosSTORY: Donald Trump has been indicted by a federal grand jury for retaining classified government documents and obstruction of justice, according to a lawyer for the former U.S. president and another source familiar with the matter. "Well, if you lied to federal prosecutors, it doesn't matter if you're the former president of the United States. And that's actually, while this is a serious and somber occasion, it's actually an example of one of the positives of America, accountability to the rule of law, even at the highest levels," said Sample, a professor of constitutional law at Hofstra University. The law professor added that Trump can still run for president. "We live in a country where in the United States, rightly or wrongly, a convicted felon, even if he's convicted, can be elected president. He could even, in theory, serve as president while incarcerated."11 hours ago
- 04:32Political fallout as Trump faces indictment for the 2nd timeABC News VideosDemocratic strategist Donna Brazile and former Trump administration official Sarah Isgur weigh in on how the latest indictment will affect Trump’s political future.12 hours ago
- 01:13Donald Trump Indicted in Classified Documents CaseWSJFormer President Donald Trump has been indicted by a federal grand jury in the investigation into his handling of classified documents. Trump said Thursday that he is innocent. Photo: Evan Vucci/Associated Press12 hours ago
- 01:24AP Explains: Trump charged over classified documentsAssociated Press VideosFormer President Donald Trump says he's been indicted on charges of mishandling classified documents at his Florida estate, igniting a federal prosecution that is arguably the most perilous of multiple legal threats against the former president. (June 8)13 hours ago
- 00:44Donald Trump indicted on seven charges in Mar-a-Lago classified documents caseUSA TODAYFormer President Donald Trump has been indicted on seven charges related to the classified documents found at his Mar-a-Lago home last year.15 hours ago
- 04:18Background on Trump's DOJ document caseAssociated Press VideosThe historic federal indictment of Donald Trump stems from the alleged mishandling of classified documents that left the White House with the former president and then ended up at his Florida estate. (May x)15 hours ago
- 02:22Prosecutors signal indictment of former President Trump could be nearCBS News VideosSpecial prosecutors informed former President Trump that he is a target of the federal investigation for his handling of classified documents after leaving office. Grand juries were assembled in Miami and Washington, D.C., with a former Trump aide testifying on Thursday. Catherine Herridge reports.16 hours ago
- 03:01What another Trump indictment could mean for 2024CBS News VideosThe GOP presidential field grew substantially this week with multiple Republicans launching campaigns, but the possibility that Donald Trump will be indicted a second time is looming large over the race. CBS News political director Fin Gómez joins "America Decides" to discuss how a potential second Trump indictment could affect the race.18 hours ago
- 01:53Former GOP House Speaker John Boehner thinks it's time for his party "to move on" from Donald TrumpCBS News VideosFormer House Speaker John Boehner, a stalwart of Republican politics for a generation, wants nothing to do with his party's presidential frontrunner, Donald Trump. "I think it's time for the Republican party to move on. And frankly, I think it's time for Donald Trump to move on," Boehner told CBS News chief Washington correspondent Major Garrett on "The Takeout."19 hours ago
- 03:51Trump has been told he’s the target of an investigation: SourcesABC News VideosABC New’s Aaron Katersky and John Santucci and legal contributor Kim Wehle break down what a possible second indictment could mean for former President Donald Trump.22 hours ago
- 04:05Grand jury considering indicting TrumpCBS News VideosA Florida grand jury is considering whether to indict former President Donald Trump for his alleged mishandling of classified documents. Trump's lawyers were informed of the federal criminal probe Wednesday night. The former president has denied doing anything wrong. CBS News political director Fin Gómez has more.24 hours ago
- 03:23Decision on whether to charge Trump in classified doc probe could come soon, sources sayCBS News VideosFormer President Donald Trump's lawyers have been informed that he's a target of a federal probe into his alleged mishandling of classified documents. CBS News senior investigative correspondent Catherine Herridge has more on the formal notification and when a decision about any charges could come.1 day ago
- 03:01Sources: Trump informed he is target in special counsel investigationABC News VideosABC News has learned former President Donald Trump has received a target letter from special counsel Jack Smith, warning him that he is the subject of an ongoing grand jury investigation.1 day ago
Jun 9, 2023 · The former president, who in April pleaded not guilty to unrelated criminal charges that he falsified business records in connection with a hush money payment made in the days before the 2016 election, has said he will stay in the 2024 presidential race despite any indictments.
1 day ago · Former President Donald Trump has been indicted by a federal grand jury in connection with his mishandling of more than 100 classified documents, two sources confirmed to NBC News. Trump, who ...
15 hours ago · Federal prosecutors have charged Donald Trump with violating the Espionage Act and conspiring to obstruct the criminal investigation among other counts, according to a person familiar with the...
Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is an American politician, media personality, and businessman who served as the 45th president of the United States from 2017 to 2021. Trump graduated from the Wharton School with a bachelor's degree in 1968.
Donald Trump. Latest news and analysis on former President Donald Trump. Trump Investigations. Politics News. White House. Congress. MTP Blog. Jabin Botsford / The Washington Post via Getty Images...
20 hours ago · Donald Trump, in full Donald John Trump, (born June 14, 1946, New York, New York, U.S.), 45th president of the United States (2017–21). Trump was a real estate developer and businessman who owned, managed, or licensed his name to hotels , casinos , golf courses, resorts, and residential properties in the New York City area and around the world.
Mar 31, 2023 · Donald Trump has been indicted following an investigation into a hush money payment scheme. Here’s what we know By Devan Cole and Sydney Kashiwagi, CNN Updated 4:23 PM EDT, Tue April 4, 2023...
20-Year-Old Arizona Man Arrested After Killing 4 People 'Succession' Creator Reveals Why Wild Finale Was The 'Right Way' To End Show [SPOILERS] DeSantis And Trump Fight Over Who Handled The COVID-19 Pandemic Worse
Read the latest news and analysis on President Donald Trump. Follow today's top stories and breaking news from inside Washington D.C. and beyond.
2 days ago · Ivanka Trump, Eric Trump and Donald Trump Jr., children of Former U.S. President Donald Trump and Ivana Trump, and Jared Kushner, and Kimberly Guilfoyle arrive to attend the funeral for Ivana ...
2 hours ago · Last week, CNN reported on the existence of a recording, taped at Donald Trump’s golf club in New Jersey, in which the former president is heard talking to writers working on a book from Trump ...