Trump's latest rambling rally: 'I will take electrocution every single time'
Donald Trump began his Sunday rally on schedule and he started off with his attacks against electric vehicles, which, lately, has led him to complain about ...
The Raw Story
5 hours ago
Help continue our promise to Make America Great Again!
U.S. Donald Trump Todd Heisler/The New York Times Appeals Court Rejects Trump’s Effort to Delay Trial in Fraud Case Former President Donald J. Trump had sued the judge presiding over his...
Videos - Donald Trump
- CBS News Videos3 hours ago
The civil trial against former President Trump is set to begin Monday in New York. The state's attorney general, who accused the former president and his company of fraud, is seeking $250 million in damages and wants to ban Trump from running businesses in the state. Skyler Henry reports.
- 02:13Trump civil trial begins Monday in New YorkCBS News VideosThe civil trial against former President Trump is set to begin Monday in New York. The state's attorney general, who accused the former president and his company of fraud, is seeking $250 million in damages and wants to ban Trump from running businesses in the state. Skyler Henry reports.3 hours ago
- 01:48Trump expected in NYC for civil fraud trial Monday: SourcesABC News VideosThe former president is expected to appear in court for his civil fraud trial, where a judge has already ruled he overvalued his real estate portfolio for favorable loan terms.7 hours ago
- 01:27Trump’s civil trial expected to start Monday after delay deniedABC News VideosFormer President Donald Trump’s efforts to delay the civil trial were denied as he and his companies are facing a $250 million fraud suit brought on by New York Attorney General Letitia James.17 hours ago
- 01:44Plea deal for a Trump Fulton County co-defendantABC News VideosScott Hall agrees to testify in the Georgia election fraud case.2 days ago
- 01:33Trump talks shutdown during California visitAssociated Press VideosDuring Donald Trump's California visit the former U.S. President visited a popular ice cream shop in Los Angeles where he talked about a wide range of topics. (Sep 29)2 days ago
- 02:28Milley defends democracy, swipes at Trump in farewell addressAssociated Press VideosArmy Gen. Mark Milley delivered a full-throated defense of democracy and not-so-subtle swipes at former President Donald Trump during a packed ceremony as he closed out his four, often tumultuous years as chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. (Sept. 29)2 days ago
- 02:51Trump appeal to delay New York fraud trial deniedCBS News VideosAn appeals court in New York has rejected former President Trump's bid to delay his civil fraud trial, scheduled to begin Monday. New York Attorney General Letitia James sued Trump, his sons and the Trump Organization in September 2022, claiming they committed fraud while seeking loans from banks. A judge ruled Tuesday that Trump and his company "repeatedly" violated state fraud law. CBS News investigative reporter Graham Kates has the latest on the case.2 days ago
- 01:28Trump co-defendant in Georgia election case takes plea dealABC News VideosScott Hall appeared in court for what the judge said was a "negotiated resolution." RADDATZ2 days ago
- 02:11Appeals court rebuffs Trump's bid to delay fraud trialReuters VideosSTORY: Former U.S. president Donald Trump lost his bid to delay his pending civil lawsuit for fraud in New York. That means he will most likely go to court on Monday, October 2nd over claims he fraudulently overvalued his assets and properties – including his sprawling Mar-a-Lago estate – to get better terms on loans. A five-judge panel on a New York appeals court on Thursday dismissed a motion Trump filed against trial judge Arthur Engoron in a lawsuit targeting the judge, that sought to postpone the trial. Their rejection also came after Engoron ruled Trump was liable for fraud on Tuesday. The judge said there was “conclusive evidence” that Trump overstated his fortune by as much as $2.2 billion, in his partial summary judgement for the case brought by New York Attorney General Letitia James. Trump’s lawyers accused Engoron of ignoring a previous court order which, according to Trump, required gutting James’ case because many of her claims were too old, but Engoron said on Tuesday he believed the previous ruling from an appeals court had little effect on the case itself. Letitia James has probed Trump for years. The state attorney general sued Trump last November, seeking at least $250 million in penalties, bans on some of Trump’s children from running businesses in New York, and a commercial-estate ban against Trump and the Trump Organization. Late Wednesday, the attorney general’s office disclosed lists of witnesses, potentially numbering in the hundreds. Donald Trump and his adult sons appear on both lists. As do former Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg and controller Jeffrey McConney. The list also includes Trump’s onetime personal lawyer and fixer Michael Cohen, and his daughter Ivanka Trump, who was previously dismissed as a defendant in June. Lawyers for Trump and other defendants did not respond to a request for comment, nor did the attorney general’s office. The New York civil fraud case is unrelated to four criminal indictments that Trump faces, including one for trying to overturn the 2020 presidential election. Trump has pleaded not guilty to all his legal woes, and has called himself the victim of a Democratic witch hunt.3 days ago
- 04:57Republican candidates step up attacks on Trump at second debateCBS News VideosSeven Republican presidential hopefuls took aim at former President Donald Trump for skipping Wednesday night's debate as they made their case for the Oval Office. CBS News senior White House and political correspondent Ed O'Keefe has the analysis.3 days ago
- 02:22Biden warns Trump's MAGA 'extremist movement' is a threat to democracyAssociated Press VideosPresident Joe Biden issued a dire warning Thursday that Donald Trump and his "extremist" MAGA allies are a serious threat to American democracy. And he urged Americans not to 'sit on the sidelines,' but instead engage to save the nation. (Sept. 28)3 days ago
- 01:23Trump loses bid to delay civil fraud trialABC News VideosThe New York attorney general's $250 million civil trial against the former president will proceed on Monday as planned.3 days ago
- 02:33Biden calls out Trump and 'MAGA extremists' in speechABC News VideosPresident Joe Biden made the remarks during a speech announcing the creation of a new library in honor of the late Sen. John McCain in Tempe, Arizona.3 days ago
- 04:20Are the GOP debates just Trump cabinet auditions?CBS News VideosRepublican presidential candidates held another debate Thursday night, but GOP frontrunner Donald Trump, up by over 30 points in Iowa and New Hampshire, wasn't there. CBS News reporter Musadiq Bidar has more.3 days ago
- 02:142nd GOP debate leaves some voters still looking for Trump alternativeCBS News VideosGOP voters are reacting to the second Republican primary debate held Thursday night without the Republican frontrunner, Donald Trump. CBS News political reporter Cara Korte shares what she heard from voters at a Libertarian watch party in New Hampshire.4 days ago
- 01:49Trump skips second Republican presidential debate, addresses autoworkers in DetroitCBS News VideosFormer President Donald Trump skipped the second Republican presidential debate and instead gave a speech to autoworkers in Detroit's suburbs. He criticized President Biden, Democrats and the big three automakers over electric cars. CBS News' Robert Costa reports from Detroit.4 days ago
- 02:39Trump woos autoworkers as rivals clash at GOP debateReuters VideosSTORY: Donald Trump spent Wednesday (September 27) night courting blue collar voters in Michigan. Instead of joining what turned out to be a chaotic second Republican presidential debate in California. For a man who wasn't there, Trump’s presence remained heavy in the room as his seven Republican rivals used the debate to attack him. Among them, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis called out Trump for being “missing in action” and for adding trillions of dollars to the national debt, saying: “He should be on this stage tonight. He owes it to you to defend his record.” This comes after months of avoiding direct conflict with the former president, as DeSantis’ poll numbers plunged from previously being a viable Trump alternative. Former New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, who is a frequent Trump critic, accused Trump of being “afraid”, calling him “Donald Duck” for “ducking” the debate. Mike Pence, who was Trump’s vice president, offered a mild critique of his desire to centralize power in the federal government. While former United Nations envoy Nikki Haley, who was also once South Carolina governor, said Trump’s trade-focused approach to China was wrong. The Republican rivals also hit out at Democratic President Joe Biden - and, even more so, at one another. But as the debate ended, none of the seven candidates on stage appeared to have secured any sort of breakout moment that could loosen Trump's grip on the primary contest. The former President’s four criminal indictments went virtually unmentioned during the two-hour broadcast. Trump leads his nearest rival for the nomination by 37 percentage points in a recent Reuters/Ipsos poll. Minutes before the debate kicked off, Trump delivered a speech to striking autoworkers in the battleground state of Michigan. Telling them their pay talks with America’s three biggest carmakers didn’t matter, because Biden’s push for electric vehicles was about to kill all their jobs. “Biden's mandate isn't a government regulation it's a government assassination of your jobs and of your industry. The auto industry is being assassinated and it makes no difference what you get.” Wednesday marked the second time Trump has shunned the GOP debate this election cycle. “Do me a favor. Just get your union guys, your leaders, to endorse me and I'll take care of the rest.” Trump's decision signals a focus on beating Biden - rather than the Republican contenders who trail him badly in the polls.4 days ago
- 00:57Trump tells autoworkers EV push will 'kill' jobsReuters VideosSTORY: Trump accused President Joe Biden's push to promote electric vehicle production of killing jobs across the industry, saying, "The auto industry is being assassinated and it makes no difference what you get." Choosing to skip the second Republican presidential debate scheduled on the same night, Trump repeatedly called for the United Auto Workers union and its leader Shawn Fain to endorse him for next year's presidential election. "Endorse Trump and you can take a nice two-month vacation, come back and you guys are going to be better than you ever were. Because the other way you won't have a vacation, Shawn. And in a short period of time, you're not going to have a union, you're not going to have jobs, you're not going to have anything." To date, the UAW has declined to support either presidential candidate. With Biden joining a picket line on Tuesday to show solidarity with the United Auto Workers union members against the United States' top three carmakers, it highlights the importance both Trump and Biden place on securing support from working-class voters in battleground states such as Michigan in next year's presidential race.4 days ago
- 03:37Trump skips second Republican debate to deliver speech in MichiganCBS News VideosFormer President Donald Trump criticized President Biden, Democrats and the Big Three automakers over electric cars in remarks in the Detroit suburbs Wednesday night, as his Republican opponents were getting ready to take the stage in California for the second Republican presidential debate. CBS News chief election and campaign correspondent Robert Costa reports.4 days ago
- 02:10Candidates go after Trump at second Republican debateCBS News VideosFormer President Donald Trump loomed large over the second Republican primary debate at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, California, even as he skipped the contest to deliver a speech outside Detroit. CBS News' Ed O'Keefe and Fin Gómez have more.4 days ago
- 04:17Trump will not attend third Republican debate, adviser saysCBS News VideosIn a statement released after the second Republican presidential debate, Trump campaign senior adviser Chris LaCivita called the event "boring and inconsequential." LaCivita speaks with CBS News political director Fin Gómez about his takeaways of the night.4 days ago
- 03:45DeSantis says Trump is "missing in action" at second Republican debateCBS News VideosSeveral Republican candidates took former President Donald Trump to task Wednesday night over his decision skip the second primary debate. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, who is second in most polls, said Trump was "missing in action." James Uthmeier, DeSantis 2024 campaign manager, joins "America Decides" to discuss the governor's performance.4 days ago
- 01:30Trump rails against Biden in MichiganAssociated Press VideosDonald Trump was in electoral battleground Michigan Wednesday night working to win over blue collar voters by lambasting President Joe Biden and his push for electric cars in the midst of an autoworkers’ strike. (Sept. 27)4 days ago
- 02:16Gen. Mark Milley makes first public response to Trump commentsCBS News VideosGen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, sat down with Norah O'Donnell to make the first public response to former President Donald Trump's shocking recent comments, which suggested that Milley deserved execution for communications the general had with China during the final months of the Trump administration.4 days ago
- 01:37Judge rules Donald Trump defrauded banks and insurers while building real estate empireAssociated Press VideosA judge ruled Tuesday that Donald Trump committed fraud for years while building the real estate empire that catapulted him to fame and the White House, and he ordered some of the former president’s companies removed from his control and dissolved. (Sept. 27)(AP Video: David R. Martin)4 days ago
- CBS News Videos
Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is an American politician, media personality, and businessman who served as the 45th president of the United States from 2017 to 2021. Trump graduated from the University of Pennsylvania with a bachelor's degree in economics in 1968.
Happening now Watch CNN's analysis following the second Republican presidential primary debate. News on former President Donald Trump and the Trump administration.
Sep 29, 2023 · The latest news, opinion and analysis on Donald Trump, the 45th president of the United States. 30 September 2023 Trump calls for store robbers to be shot in speech to California Republicans
Donald Trump lost heavily Democratic California by over 5 million votes in the 2020 election. In an ironic twist, the state where he’s widely loathed outside his conservative base could go a long way to help him tighten his grip on the Republican presidential nomination next year.
Sep 27, 2023 · Get the latest news, updates, and analysis on former President Donald Trump.