udemy.com has been visited by 100K+ users in the past month
Contemporary electronic music includes many varieties and ranges from experimental art music to popular forms such as electronic dance music. Pop electronic music is most recognizable in its 4/4 form and more connected with the mainstream than preceding forms which were popular in niche markets.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_music
Contemporary electronic music includes many varieties and ranges from experimental art music to popular forms such as electronic dance music. Pop electronic music is most recognizable in its 4/4 form and more connected with the mainstream than preceding forms which were popular in niche markets.
- Electronic Music Events - EME - MDNIGHT MOVINGfacebook.com
- Chill electronic music for studying and concentration - Quizlet beats - Remote learning focus musicyoutube.com
- Cinematic Electronic Background Music For Videosyoutube.com
- ELECTRONIC DANCE MUSICcda.pl
Electronic music refers to music that emphasizes the use of electronic musical instruments or electronic music technology as a central aspect of the sound of the music. Historically, electronic music was considered to be any music created with the use of electronic musical instruments or elec… read more
Electronic music is produced from a wide variety of sound resources—from sounds picked up by microphones to those produced by electronic oscillators (generating basic acoustical waveforms such as sine waves, square waves, and sawtooth waves), complex computer installations, and microprocessors—that are recorded on tape and then edited into a permanent form.
- Overview and Characteristics -
- Origins -
- Spread and Development -
- Notable Artists and Instruments Used -
- Greater Significance and Legacy -
Electronic music employs the use of electronic musical instruments and technology in the production of the music. Any music produced and modified through any electronic means can be categorized under electronic music. However, for music to be precisely electronic then the composer of the music must interact with the electronic medium and electronic processing applied to his musical concept. Electronic music is produced from different sound resources including microphones, electronic oscillator, and computer installations that are recorded then edited to produce the desired music. Electronic music, except the live electronic music, is normally played back through a loudspeaker accompanied by other musical instruments or alone. Electronic music is not a style or genre of music but rather a technique of producing music.
Electronic music was a major aspect in the development of music as a whole throughout the 20th Century. The development of electronic musical instruments was as a result of the various experiments by the music producers and composers using the emerging electronics. The electronic musical instruments were used to reproduce existing music and for public performance instead of producing a new song. Some of the instruments, such as the Telharmonium, were able to synthesize sounds of orchestral instruments. Ferruccio Busoni encouraged the use of electronic instruments in the composition of microtonal music. He was instrumental in the promotion of electronic music predicting the use of a machine in future music production, a prediction which came true almost immediately.
In 1935, the first audio tape recorder was unveiled, possessing with it an improved recording fidelity. Test recording for the stereo began in 1942 and was confined to Germany. At the end of the World War II, recorders and tapes were brought into the US marking the beginning of commercially-produced tape recorder. The magnetic audio tapes ushered in the vast range of sonic possibilities to the artist, composers and producers. The audio tapes were cheap and reliable making it more popular than any other audio medium. The tape can be edited, slowed down, played back, and forwarded. Electro-acoustic tape music was produced in 1944 due to the convenience of using the tape. Immediately, composers in Paris began producing using the tape recorders to enhance composition technique called Musique Concrete. The impact of computer led to the further spread of electronic music around the world.
The first notable effort to generate electronic music was made by Thaddeus Cahill at the turn of the 20th Century, who converted electrical signals into sounds using rotary generator and telephone receiver. He called his invention telharmonium. Luigi Russolo, an Italian futurist painter, proposed the replacement of old music with the music produced using instruments reflecting current technology. He built a mechanically-activated noise instrument called the intonarumori. Laurens Hammond invented the Hammond organ in the 1930s, which produces a harmonic content which does not diminish as the player goes up the keyboard.
The ongoing growth in the field of electronic music in the 21st Century has been largely attributed to the concurrent rise and development of the Internet. Streaming music and video websites such as Spotify and YouTube have made accessing music easier than ever before. Promoting electronic music has also been made easier especially for artist who could land record deals before. Artists spend less time in studios to record songs and are thus able to record more songs within a short period. Artist can also create their software synthesizer and various composition environments to make their music.
- John Misachi
People also ask
Where does electronic music come from?
What was the first electronic song?
Who is the creator of electronic music?
How do you make your own beats?
Introducing the first album mix from our new Best of Genre Album Series! Support on iTunes: http://bit.ly/boem-itunesSupport on Amazon: http://bit.ly/boem-am...
- 58 min
- Monstercat: Uncaged
2 Hours of the best relaxing electronic music for studying, concentration and focus memory playlist. Relaxing electronic Study Music Mix. It is the perfect s...
- 135 min
- Gravity Music
From dubstep to disco, electronic music is a broad category of modern music that includes a wide variety of styles. While most people think of electronic music as a product of the 21 st century, the reality is that electronic music has been around for almost 50 years.
Daft Punk fans are devastated over the news that the Parisian electronic music duo have called it quits after almost three decades. Daft Punk’s longtime ...
The Independent via Yahoo News
3 days ago
- Moby Gets Doc Treatment, Greenwich Entertainment Takes U.S. Rights To Rob Bralver-Directed FeatureDeadline via Yahoo News8 hours ago
- Daft Punk split: French duo announce break-up after 28 yearsThe Independent via Yahoo News3 days ago
- French dance music superstars Daft Punk splitAFP via Yahoo News3 days ago
- Daft Punk’s Retirement Closes the Book on an Era of Electronic MusicGQ via Yahoo News3 days ago
- Daft Punk breaks up after nearly three decades of making musicNY Daily News via AOL3 days ago
- ‘Moby Doc’ About Electronic-Music Pioneer Acquired by Greenwich EntertainmentThe Wrap via Yahoo News7 hours ago
- Daft Punk is splitting up after 28 yearsCBS News via Yahoo News3 days ago
- Before Daft Punk changed the music festival game, the duo played at a campground in WisconsinUSA TODAY Entertainment via Yahoo News2 days ago
- Digital Love: Daft Punk Sales Soar 2,650% After BreakupRolling Stone via Yahoo News1 day ago
- Ask Yourself… “What kind of electronic music do I want to make?” You don’t have to already be a musical prodigy to learn how to make electronic music.
- Finding the Right Equipment and Software. If you want to learn how to make electronic music, you’ll need a few pieces of gear. Here’s what you’ll need…
- Sound Design. Great, you really are set up now. Time to start creating some sounds! As covered in step 2, there are two sources of sound you can use: soft-synths and samplers.
- Music Theory. Music theory is the understanding and knowledge of how music works. This includes scales, notes, and chords on a micro level. But it also includes song arrangement and the creation of tension and release on a macro scale.
Women In Music Events Hot 100 Billboard 200 Global 200 Chart Beat Honda Stage Events Hot 100 Billboard 200 Chart Search Chart Beat Honda Stage HOT DANCE/ELECTRONIC SONGS
Feel-Good results for Electronic music
udemy.com has been visited by 100K+ users in the past month
musiciansfriend.com has been visited by 10K+ users in the past month