Other times, your wet bar is located in a rec room, great room, library, office or even in your outdoor space. Whichever location works best for you, ensure that you tie it in with the overall style of the space and design it to meet your most frequent entertaining needs. Here are some sensible-style strategies to get your wet bar planning started.
Mar 21, 2003 · Elements of a Great Bar: Directed by Christopher Collins, Lydia Tenaglia. With Anthony Bourdain, Dale Degroff. Join Tony on his quest to characterize the perfect bar in New York City.
- Christopher Collins, Lydia Tenaglia
- Anthony Bourdain, Dale Degroff
- Professionally certified bar trainers. Bartender schools offer courses and trainings to their potential students that want to learn the ins- and outs of bartending.
- Fresh cocktail ingredients and real spirits. Many bartender schools don't work with real ingredients. This is usually done for saving costs and not just for eliminating waste behind the bar.
- Look for officially licensed bar schools. Unfortunately bartending is not a profession taught at university. You can't get a state diploma if you complete a bartending course.
- State of the art bartender tools. When working with outdated tools, you will be assured of getting stuck behind a real bar instead of one that works with state-of-the-art tools.
Elements of a Great Bar. Elements of a Great Bar. 0:23:46 / 2013 / TV-Y / English. Join Tony on his quest to characterize the perfect bar in New York City. Discover ...
Join Tony on his quest to characterize the perfect bar in New York City. Discover the importance of a maniacal bartender, the proper chemical makeup of drinks, the joys of seedy dive-bars, and the need for late-night snacks.
- Tiki Bars Have Great (And Strong) Rum Drinks. The main attraction of a tiki bar is its cocktails. In true tiki bars, you will find dozens of them – some have entire books that looks like a menu from the Cheesecake Factory – and they are strong.
- Tiki Bars Have Creative Rum Drinks With Crazy Names. You can’t have a great tiki bar without creative names for the drinks, ones like the Weeky Wacker, the Dead Recokoning (very pirate-ish), the Bender Ender, Drunken Monkey, Dr. No, Tide Ripper and a personal favorite, the Zombie.
- Tiki Bars Have Great Bartenders Who Know How To Make The Tiki Bar Drinks. Talk to tiki bar bartenders and they know a wide variety of drinks – tiki bars have extensive, multi-page menus of cocktails – and take great pride in making them to perfection.
- Tiki Bars Serve Drinks In Tiki Mugs. The drinks are just part of the presentation at a tiki bar, for those cocktails are often served in tiki mugs, a ceramic container that usually has the face of a tiki god or other character on it, or something creative like a fish or parrot.