Discover everything you need to know about visiting England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with the official guide. VisitBritain: The Official Tourism Website of Great Britain VisitBritain would like to invite you to take part in a short survey about our website, it should take no more than a couple of minutes.
Get the latest BBC England news: breaking news, in-depth features, analysis and debate plus audio and video coverage from the English regions.
England manager Gareth Southgate believes Britain would be “well placed” to host this summer’s eagerly-anticipated European Championship if UEFA moves away from its Europe-wide ...
PA Media: Sport via Yahoo Sports
10 minutes ago
- How to fix England: recall Dom Bess, drop Stuart Broad - and move Ollie Pope to No3The Telegraph via Yahoo Sports53 minutes ago
- Questions and answers surrounding the 2030 World Cup bidding processPA Media: Sport via Yahoo Sports8 minutes ago
- England Euro 2020 squad: Who’s on the bus, who’s in contention, who could miss out?The Independent via Yahoo Sports2 hours ago
- Maro Itoje's 'on-the-edge' reputation means he is being singled out by referees, says Eddie JonesThe Telegraph via Yahoo Sports2 days ago
- Five years of Eddie Jones: His 47 England debutants, where they are now - and why there has not been one fly-halfThe Telegraph via Yahoo Sports3 hours ago
- England succumb to 10-wicket defeat after day of chaos and humiliation in AhmedabadThe Telegraph via Yahoo Sports5 days ago
- Wales' Grand Slam dream continues in controversial fashion after convincing win over EnglandThe Telegraph via Yahoo Sports3 days ago
- New UK lockdown rules – latest government guidelines and upcoming changesThe Independent via Yahoo News1 day ago
- Joint bid from UK and Ireland to host 2030 World Cup receives Government backingPA Media: Sport via Yahoo Sports56 minutes ago
Feb 04, 2021 · England is a country well known for its dramatic scenery of countryside, rolling hills, green fields and forests, and rugged coastline. Historic country manor houses and and elegant landscape gardens are dotted around the country.
Uncover England's secret sights. Find a new favourite. 10 must-visit English Heritage sites. Step back in time. 6 of England's most scenic drives. Get off the beaten ...
Jan 13, 2021 · Among England’s many and varied traditions, afternoon tea is one of the most enticing, and certainly one of the tastiest. Centre of the ritual is the iconic beverage itself – brewed in a pot, ideally silver-plated, and poured carefully into fine bone-china cups and saucers.
England is located on the island of Great Britain, which lies to the west of the main continent of Europe. The English Channel separates England from France. Scotland lies to England’s north, and Wales is to its west. Most of England is covered with hills, though there are plains in the central and southeastern regions.
England - England - Cultural life: England’s contribution to both British and world culture is too vast for anything but a cursory survey here. Historically, England was a very homogeneous country and developed coherent traditions, but, especially as the British Empire expanded and the country absorbed peoples from throughout the globe, English culture has been accented with diverse ...
Sep 29, 2020 · England's Lake District has such a breadth of beautiful landscapes that visiting just one doesn't do it justice. The village of Grasmere and nearby Rydal Water are perhaps the best places to start.