Europe, second smallest of the world’s continents, composed of the westward-projecting peninsulas of Eurasia (the great landmass that it shares with Asia) and occupying nearly one-fifteenth of the world’s total land area.
Europe's drug regulator launched an in-depth review of Russia's Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine on Thursday, putting it on course to be the first non-Western jab used across ...
AFP via Yahoo News
1 hour ago
- What you need to know about the coronavirus right nowReuters via Yahoo News7 minutes ago
- European stocks have outperformed as rates have climbed but slip after Wall Street weaknessMarketWatch2 hours ago
- Europe reviewing Russia's COVID-19 vaccineReuters via Yahoo News1 hour ago
- IFC backs Bolt with $24M to expand its transportation network in emerging marketsTechCrunch1 hour ago
- How AstraZeneca's vaccine got mired in politics and mistrust to become Europe's least favorite shotBusiness Insider via Yahoo News24 hours ago
- UK opens antitrust probe into Apple’s App Store policiesEngadget22 minutes ago
- France Launches State Aid Plan as Post-Pandemic Model for EuropeBloomberg via Yahoo Finance2 hours ago
- Coronavirus passports at risk as countries break away from EU vaccine planThe Telegraph via Yahoo News1 day ago
- Emerging Europe.com bolsters defences as Amazon enters PolandReuters via Yahoo News1 day ago
Europe is the western part of the continent of Eurasia, sometimes thought of as its own continent. It is separated from Asia by the Ural Mountains in Russia and the Bosporus strait in Turkey. Europe is bordered by water on three sides. On the west is the Atlantic Ocean.
Jan 27, 2021 · Straddling Europe and Asia, and serving stints as the capital of the Byzantine and Ottoman Empires, İstanbul is one of the world's great cities. The historical highlights cluster in Sultanahmet – the Aya Sofya, Blue Mosque, Topkapı Palace and Grand Bazaar. After marvelling at their ancient domes and glittering interiors, it's time to ...
Europe is the planet's 6th largest continent AND includes 47 countries and assorted dependencies, islands and territories. Europe's recognized surface area covers about 9,938,000 sq km (3,837,083 sq mi) or 2% of the Earth's surface, and about 6.8% of its land area.
- John Moen
About Europe From the mighty fjords in the north to the ancient Greek ruins in the south, all the way to the volcanic Azores in the west and the monumental architecture in the east, Europe's unique blend of history, landscapes, and cultures must be seen to be believed. Start planning for Europe
People also ask
Is europe a continent?
What is the definition of europe?
Is europe part of asia?
What are Europe's most populous nations?
Get the latest European news from BBC News in Europe: headlines, features and analysis from BBC correspondents across the European Union, EU, and the rest of Europe.
- related to: Europe
8.0/10 (546 reviews)
cheapflights.com has been visited by 100K+ users in the past month