Felix Mendelssohn was born on 3 February 1809, in Hamburg, at the time an independent city-state, in the same house where, a year later, the dedicatee and first performer of his Violin Concerto, Ferdinand David, would be born.
May 07, 2021 · Who Was Felix Mendelssohn? German composer Felix Mendelssohn made his public debut in Berlin at just 9 years old. In 1819, he joined the Singakademie music academy and began composing non-stop.
Felix was born of Jewish parents, Abraham and Lea Salomon Mendelssohn, from whom he took his first piano lessons. Though the Mendelssohn family was proud of their ancestry, they considered it desirable in accordance with 19th-century liberal ideas to mark their emancipation from the ghetto by adopting the Christian faith.
Felix Mendelssohn was born into a family of means and privilege. His intellect and aptitude for music were apparent at an early age; by the age of fourteen he had already demonstrated an astonishing facility for musical composition, composing over one hundred works, from small scale keyboard works to large scale operas and symphonies.
Jul 01, 2008 · French Reformed Church in Frankfurt where Felix and Cécile were married. Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy was born into a wealthy cultured family and, in sharp contrast to many of the great composers who suffered more than their share of misfortune and frustration, led a happy and for the most part successful life. 11.
- Tom Lagomarsino
Felix Mendelssohn. Composer, Conductor, Pianist. A leading light of early Romantic music. Robert Schumann called him "The Mozart of the 19th Century". The grandson of German-Jewish philosopher Moses Mendelssohn, he was born Jakob Ludwig Felix Mendelssohn in Hamburg and lived in Berlin from age two. His affluent and culture-loving parents ...
- 10315 · View Source
- Queen Victoria's tribute. Queen Victoria described Mendelssohn as 'the greatest musical genius since Mozart' and 'the most amiable man. He was quite worshipped by those who knew him intimately, & we have so much appreciated & admired his wonderfully beautiful compositions.
- A true prodigy. Jakob Ludwig Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy came from a wealthy Hamburg family who mixed with many of Germany’s leading artists and musicians.
- The young pianist. When he was six, Felix began taking piano lessons from his mother. After the family moved to Berlin, Felix and his three siblings studied piano.
- Early compositions. Between the ages of 12 and 14, Mendelssohn wrote 12 string symphonies influenced by Bach, Beethoven and Mozart. His first published work, a piano quartet, was written by the time he was 13.
- related to: Felix Mendelssohn
viagogo.com has been visited by 1M+ users in the past month
Tickets On Sale Today And Selling Fast, Secure Your Seats Now. USA Tickets 2022
sheetmusicplus.com has been visited by 10K+ users in the past month
Shop 1,000,000 Solos, Collections, Scores & More. Low Prices. Buy Now!
discount99.us has been visited by 1M+ users in the past month
Discover hundreds of ways to save on your favorite products. Get the Deals now!