Jakob Ludwig Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy (3 February 1809 – 4 November 1847), born and widely known as Felix Mendelssohn, was a German composer, pianist, organist and conductor of the early Romantic period. Mendelssohn's compositions include symphonies, concertos, piano music, organ music and chamber music.
Felix Mendelssohn, in full Jakob Ludwig Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy, (born February 3, 1809, Hamburg [Germany]—died November 4, 1847, Leipzig), German composer, pianist, musical conductor, and teacher, one of the most-celebrated figures of the early Romantic period.
May 07, 2021 · Pianist, composer and conductor Felix Mendelssohn was born Jakob Ludwig Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy in Hamburg, Germany, on February 3, 1809. His parents were Jewish, but converted to Christianity...
The development of Mendelssohn's musical and compositional skills parallels that of another aspect of his creativity: his skills in drawing and painting, which, like music, became a means of expression on which he relied throughout his life.
Jun 01, 2019 · Jakob Ludwig Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy, generally known in English-speaking countries as Felix Mendelssohn was a German composer, pianist, organist and conductor of the early Romantic period. Felix Mendelssohn was born into a wealthy, prominent Jewish family, although initially he was raised without religion and was later baptised as a Lutheran.
Mendelssohn was the only musical prodigy of the 19th century whose stature could rival that of Mozart. Still, his parents resisted any entrepreneurial impulses and spared young Felix the strange, grueling lifestyle that was the lot of many child prodigies.
German composer Felix Mendelssohn was a German composer (a writer of music), conductor (the leader of a musical group), pianist, and organist. He developed a basic classical approach to musical composition with fresh romantic harmonies and expressiveness.
- Queen Victoria's tribute. Queen Victoria described Mendelssohn as 'the greatest musical genius since Mozart' and 'the most amiable man. He was quite worshipped by those who knew him intimately, & we have so much appreciated & admired his wonderfully beautiful compositions.
- A true prodigy. Jakob Ludwig Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy came from a wealthy Hamburg family who mixed with many of Germany’s leading artists and musicians.
- The young pianist. When he was six, Felix began taking piano lessons from his mother. After the family moved to Berlin, Felix and his three siblings studied piano.
- Early compositions. Between the ages of 12 and 14, Mendelssohn wrote 12 string symphonies influenced by Bach, Beethoven and Mozart. His first published work, a piano quartet, was written by the time he was 13.
Classical Music Playlist- The Best of Felix Mendelssohn:00:00 Hebrides Overture Fingal's Cave11:21 Mendelssohn - Songe D'une Nuit D'ete - I. Ouvertute24:18 M...
- 159 min
- Classical Music Compilation
Portrait of Mendelssohn (1809–1847) by the English miniaturist James Warren Childe (1778–1862), 1829 This is a list of compositions by Felix Mendelssohn.