Henry Frankenstein is a doctor who is trying to discover a way to make the dead walk. He succeeds and creates a monster that has to deal with living again. Written by Josh Pasnak <email@example.com> Plot Summary | Plot Synopsis
- James Whale
- Colin Clive, Mae Clarke, Boris Karloff
Nov 04, 1994 · In 1794, in the Arctic Sea, Captain Robert Walton is a man obsessed to reach the North Pole, pushing his crew to exhaustion. When his ship hits an iceberg, it is stranded in the ice. Out of the blue, Captain Walton and his men overhear a dreadful cry and they see a stranger coming to the ship.
- Kenneth Branagh
- 2 min
Oct 10, 2004 · Frankenstein: Directed by Marcus Nispel. With Parker Posey, Vincent Perez, Thomas Kretschmann, Adam Goldberg. When a detective begins investigating a series of horrific murders, she is lead to a mad doctor who has sustained his creature and himself for over 200 years through genetic experimentation.
- Marcus Nispel
- Not Rated
Frankenstein is a 1931 American pre-Code science fiction horror film directed by James Whale, produced by Carl Laemmle Jr., and adapted from a 1927 play by Peggy Webling, which in turn was based on Mary Shelley 's 1818 novel Frankenstein; or, The Modern Prometheus.
Told from Igor's perspective, we see the troubled young assistant's dark origins, his redemptive friendship with the young medical student Viktor Von Frankenstein, and become eyewitnesses to the emergence of how Frankenstein became the man - and the legend - we know today.
We're about to unfold the story of Frankenstein, a man of science who sought to create a man after his own image without reckoning upon God. It is one of the strangest tales ever told. It deals with the two great mysteries of creation: life and death. I think it will thrill you.
Jan 24, 2014 · According to some reports, there was a lost scene in the original Universal Pictures' Frankenstein (1931) movie referring to Boris Karloff 's monster as Adam. In the follow up The Bride of Frankenstein (1935) it was stated that the monster's name was Frankenstein, which became the rule for that series of films.
- Stuart Beattie
- Aaron Eckhart, Bill Nighy, Miranda Otto
The classic Frankenstein film, this one confirmed that shockers were a viable genre for Universal after their initial success of "Dracula" (1931) --launching the golden age of 1930s horror films. Boris Karloff stars in his first of three films as the monster and the first of five Frankenstein films on this list.
- Frankenstein, Edison Film Company, 1910 (USA) Directed by J. Searle Dawley, starring Charles Stanton Ogle, Augustus Phillips, and Mary Fuller.
- Der Golem, Deutsche Bioscop, 1914 (Germany) Directed by Henrik Galeen and Paul Wegener, starring Paul Wegener, Lyda Salmonova, Carl Ebert, Jacob Tiedtke, and Rudolf Bluemner.
- Life Without Soul, Ocean Film Corporation, 1915 (USA) Directed by Joseph W. Smiley, starring Percy Darrell Standing, William A. Cohill, Lucy Cotton, George DeCarlton, Jack Hopkins, and Pauline Curley.
- The Golem, Pagu/UFA, 1920 (Germany) Directed by Paul Wegener and Carl Boese, starring Paul Wegener, Albert Steinrück, Ernst Deutsch, Lyda Salmonova, Hanns Sturm, and Greta Schröder.
- related to: Frankenstein movie
findinfoonline.com has been visited by 100K+ users in the past month