- related to: Freddie Mercury
Freddie Mercury (born Farrokh Bulsara; 5 September 1946 – 24 November 1991) was a British singer, songwriter, record producer, and lead vocalist of the rock band Queen. Regarded as one of the greatest singers in the history of rock music, he was known for his flamboyant stage persona and four-octave vocal range. Mercury defied the conventions ...
Queen's drummer Roger Taylor says of Freddie Mercury's singing tryout "he was so extreme, one was tempted to laugh at first".
1 day ago
Freddie Mercury, who majored in stardom while giving new meaning to the word showmanship, left a legacy of songs, which will never lose their stature as classics to live on forever. Some of the most poignant of these were immortalised on the Queen album ‘Made In Heaven’ released in November 1995.
Mar 29, 2021 · Freddie Mercury was a singer-songwriter and musician whose music reached the top of U.S. and British charts in the 1970s and 1980s. As the frontman of Queen, Mercury was one of the most talented ...
- Freddie Mercury was a brilliant boxer. At school in India, the young Freddie Mercury was a good table tennis player. He used to play tennis sometimes, especially when he was on holiday, and enjoyed watching Wimbledon.
- He rescued tennis star Billie Jean King. Mercury said he “loved” the nightclubs in New York and went to check out a Brooklyn disco called The Gilded Grape, even though it was supposed to be very edgy.
- His fashion sense scared his parents. When he was a student at Ealing Art College, Mercury began experimenting with different looks, but it didn’t go down well at home.
- He designed the Queen logo. Mercury’s diploma in Art And Graphic Design from Ealing came in useful, as he designed the logo for Queen after John Deacon completed the line-up with Brian May and Roger Taylor in July 1971.
Queen singer Freddie Mercury was fiercely protective of his privacy, and he continued to guard it jealously even as his health succumbed to the ravages of AI...
- 4 min
- HYPEN - Tops & More
Rami Malek, Actor: Bohemian Rhapsody. Rami Said Malek (born May 12, 1981) is an American actor. He won a Critics' Choice Award and the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series for his lead role as Elliot Alderson in the USA Network television series Mr. Robot. He also received Golden Globe Award, Screen Actors Guild Award, and TCA Award nominations. Malek has ...
- Actor, Producer, Soundtrack
- May 12, 1981