Your source for French Quarter Hotels, Restaurants, Nightlife, and things to do in downtown New Orleans. Find the most fun in the city all in one place here.
The French Quarter, also known as the Vieux Carré and Barrio Francés, is the oldest neighborhood in the city of New Orleans.After New Orleans (French: La Nouvelle-Orléans) was founded in 1718 by Jean-Baptiste Le Moyne de Bienville, the city developed around the Vieux Carré ("Old Square" in English), a central square.
- 0.66 sq mi (1.7 km²)
- United States
- New Orleans Neighborhoods #7 - French Quarter Main Streetsyoutube.com
- French Quarter Tour in 4K! | Bourbon Street, Cafe Du Monde, St Louis Cathedral | New Orleansyoutube.com
- BEST FOOD IN NEW ORLEANS: Food Tour Of The French Quarteryoutube.com
- Hotel Monteleone Review | French Quarter New Orleans, LAyoutube.com
Like the Creole aristocrats lining the galleries of the Historic New Orleans Collection, the French Quarter is a timeless portrait – especially come dusk when swallows glide above the fortunetellers on Jackson Square and St. Louis Cathedral’s butter-crème-colored walls reflect the fiery sunset.
According to Tripadvisor travelers, these are the best ways to experience French Quarter: City Sightseeing New Orleans Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour (From $39.00) Adults Only Haunted Ghost, Voodoo, & Vampire Tour (From $18.25) New Orleans Food Walking Tour of the French Quarter (From $54.95)
- New Orleans, Louisiana
People also ask
What is the French Quarter in New Orleans?
What are the streets in the French Quarter?
Where is the best place to stay in the French Quarter?
What are the best hotels in the French Quarter?
The beloved Creole-style buildings of the French Quarter, with a beautiful meld of French, Spanish, and Caribbean architectural influences, house a variety of accommodation options for travelers of all tastes. Personalize your trip by booking a room in one of New Orleans’ historic hotels, highly-rated and celebrated by locals and tourists alike.
Top French Quarter Accommodations New Orleans is a significant city in United States of America. It has a variety of quite interesting neighborhoods and communities to explore, including French Quarter, which is approximately 0.7 miles to the northeast of central New Orleans.
FRENCH QUARTER MAP. In this section, we provide you with access to several maps of the French Quarter that cover food, drink, attractions and hotels. To begin with, we have our self-guided tour map, which takes you to all the important sites of the French Quarter. You can skip straight to the self-guided tour.
179 Homes For Sale in French Quarter, New Orleans, LA. Browse photos, see new properties, get open house info, and research neighborhoods on Trulia.
- Jackson Square. 15,958 reviews. "From the magnificent St Louis Cathedral visited by pope John Paul II, lovely restaurants like Muriel's, the..." Learn More.
- French Quarter. 22,185 reviews. "... fun shops wonderful music amazing architecture people watching shopping walking cocktails - its truly... " Learn More.
- Preservation Hall. 5,774 reviews. "... long, and those without reservations who were able to buy on-site tickets had to sit on the floor... " Learn More.
- St. Louis Cemetery No. 1. 3,782 reviews. "Very good experience absolutely loved our tour guide Ms. Billijo was very knowledgable about the cemetery and..."
Homes for sale in French Quarter, New Orleans, LA have a median listing price of $319,000 and a price per square foot of $192. There are 171 active homes for sale in French Quarter neighborhood.