George Perry Floyd Jr. (October 14, 1973 – May 25, 2020) was an African American man murdered by police during an arrest after a store clerk alleged he had passed a counterfeit $20 bill in Minneapolis.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Floyd
George Perry Floyd Jr. (October 14, 1973 – May 25, 2020) was an African American man murdered by police during an arrest after a store clerk alleged he had passed a counterfeit $20 bill in Minneapolis.
CNN on MSN.com
Federal trial for three other ex-officers charged in George Floyd's killing set for August
The federal trial for former Minneapolis police officers Tou Thao, J. Alexander Kueng, and Thomas Lane, accused of civil rights violations in the death of George Floyd, is scheduled for August 2, a judge said Friday.
20 hours ago
- George Floyd dies after police arrest. 25 May 2020. George Floyd dies after being arrested by police outside a shop in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Footage shows a white officer, Derek Chauvin, kneeling on Mr Floyd’s neck for several minutes while he is pinned to the floor.
- Protests begin. 26 May. Four officers involved in the arrest of George Floyd are fired. Protests begin as the video of the arrest is shared widely on social media.
- Protests spread. 27 May. Protests spread to other cities including Memphis and Los Angeles. In some places, like Portland, Oregon, protesters lie in the road, chanting "I can’t breathe".
- Trump tweets. 28 May. President Trump blames the violence on a lack of leadership in Minneapolis and threatens to send in the National Guard in a tweet. He follows it up in a second tweet with a warning "when the looting starts, the shooting starts".
George Perry Floyd was a black American born in Fayetteville, North Carolina, and raised in the Third Ward of Houston, Texas. In 2014, he moved to the Minneapolis, Minnesota, area. He resided in the nearby suburb of St. Louis Park, and was a frequent customer at the Cup Foods convenience store in Powderhorn Park, Minneapolis.
May 07, 2021 · The man was 46-year-old George Floyd, a bouncer originally from Houston who had lost his job at a restaurant when the coronavirus pandemic hit. Crowd: “No justice, no peace.” Floyd’s death...
- 10 min
May 31, 2020 · The man was 46-year-old George Floyd, a bouncer originally from Houston who had lost his job at a restaurant when the coronavirus pandemic hit. Crowd: “No justice, no peace.” Floyd’s death...
- 8 min
- Evan Hill, Ainara Tiefenthäler, Christiaan Triebert, Drew Jordan, Haley Willis,Robin Stein
Mar 25, 2021 · George Floyd, a 46-year-old Black man, died in May 2020 while being restrained by Minneapolis police, setting off worldwide protests that sometimes turned violent and a racial reckoning in the...
People also ask
What caused Floyd's death?
What did the officers do to Mr . Floyd?
How did Michael Floyd fall to the ground?
Where did Michael Floyd live in St Louis?
- The arrest. The first video, from a surveillance camera, shows Floyd in the driver's seat of a vehicle when Lane and Kueng approach. Lane goes to Floyd's window, while Kueng goes to the other side of the car, where a man is in the front seat and a woman is in the back, the video shows.
- A struggle. The second video is short, about 20 seconds long, and comes from a Cup Foods security camera. Judging from the times provided in the probable cause statement and the timecode on the video, it appears to begin about five minutes after the other video ends.
- Knee on the neck. The third video, taken by a bystander, has been widely disseminated and likely played a large part in the protests across Minneapolis and the country.
Jun 02, 2020 · George Floyd Ben Crump Law The union chief vowed that his organization would help the cop accused of killing Floyd, now-fired Officer Derek Chauvin, and three other officers who were at the scene...