- related to: George Pelecanos
discount99.us has been visited by 1M+ users in the past month
George Pelecanos was born in Washington, D.C. He worked as a line cook, dishwasher, bartender, and woman’s shoe salesman before publishing his first novel in 1992. Pelecanos is the author of twenty-one novels set in and around Washington, D.C. In Entertainment Weekly, Stephen King wrote that Pelecanos is "perhaps the greatest living American ...
George P. Pelecanos (born 18 February 1957) is an American author. Many of his 20 books are in the genre of detective fiction and set primarily in his hometown of Washington, D.C. He is also a film and television producer and a television writer. On television, he frequently collaborates with David Simon, writing multiple episodes of Simon's ...
George Pelecanos, Producer: The Wire. Pelecanos was born in Washington, D.C. in 1957. He is a graduate of the University of Maryland, College Park, and worked at a variety of jobs before getting involved in the film industry. He lives in Silver Spring, Maryland, with his wife and two children. As a modern crime fiction author, Pelecanos is very much a descendant of the hard-boiled and...
- George Pelecanos
- The Man Who Came Uptown. In bestselling and Emmy-nominated writer George Pelecanos' novel, one of the best mysteries of 2018 (Publishers Weekly), an ex-offender must choose between the man who got him out and the woman who showed him another path.
- The Martini Shot. Short stories and a novella from one of crime fiction's most revered writers. Whether they're cops or conmen, savage killers or creative types, gangsters or God-fearing citizens, George Pelecanos' characters are always engaged in a fight for their lives.
- The Double. Every man has his dark side . . . Spero Lucas confronts his own in the most explosive thriller yet from one of America's best-loved crime writers.
- What It Was. Washington, D.C., 1972. Derek Strange has left the police department and set up shop as a private investigator. His former partner, Frank "Hound Dog" Vaughn, is still on the force.
George P. Pelecanos was born in Washington, DC in 1957. His first novel was published in 1992 and alongside his consequential success as an author, he has also worked as producer, writer and story editor for the acclaimed and award-winning US crime series, The Wire.
George P. Pelecanos is one of the highly renowned novelists from America, who likes to write literature & fiction, thriller, detective fiction, and mystery books. Most of the novels are set in Washington, D.C., which is also his hometown.
This item: The Night Gardener by George Pelecanos Paperback $15.89. Available to ship in 1-2 days. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00. Details. The Way Home (Back Bay Readers' Pick) by George Pelecanos Paperback $14.99. Only 3 left in stock (more on the way).
- George P. Pelecanos
- Back Bay Books
BEST GEORGE PELECANOS BOOKS. These are two best books by George Pelecanos, The Big Blowdown (1996) and Hell to Pay (2002). The Big Blowdown: It is the year 1946, and the easiest way for two local men, Joey Recevo and Pete Karras to find work after the Great War is to offer extra muscles for a local boss who operates a protection scheme with the ...
Aug 27, 2011 · In 1976, George Pelecanos, writer of The Wire, was an 18-year-old tearaway and a disappointment to his father. That summer, he was forced to take over running the family diner – and life changed ...
- related to: George Pelecanos