3 days ago · DC’s inauguration street closures went into effect at 8 AM today—some folks are calling the area the “Capitol Green Zone”—and will remain in effect until after the inauguration. Street closures are marked on the map with a solid line and the dotted line around the White House indicates the ...
Lady Gaga and Jennifer Lopez will attempt to lighten the mood at an unprecedented presidential inauguration inside a new "Green Zone" in Washington. The ...
The Telegraph via Yahoo News
2 hours ago
- Washington on lockdown as security threats mountAFP via Yahoo News2 days ago
- This Blackwater guard pleaded guilty. He atoned. But didn't get a pardonLA Times via Yahoo News1 day ago
- FBI warned of potential extremist violence at Jan. 17 rallyThe Federal Bureau of Investigation warned in late December of potential violence from members of far-right militant groups in Minnesota at an event planned for Jan. 17 to protest the election ...Politico via Yahoo News7 hours ago
- National Mall closed for Biden inauguration amid security fearsAFP via Yahoo News1 day ago
- Biden must find words for a wounded nation in inauguration like no otherThe Guardian via Yahoo News17 hours ago
3 days ago · The Secret Service, which is leading the effort to secure the ceremony, announced on Thursday that it would establish a “green zone” in downtown Washington this weekend, shutting down traffic ...
People also ask
Is the movie Green Zone based on a true story?
Why is 'Green Zone' failed?
1 day ago · The term ‘Green Zone’ became widely known in the years following the 2003 invasion of Iraq, when American officials remained sealed behind high concrete blast walls and tightly guarded ...
1 day ago · Established after the US invasion of Iraq, Baghdad’s Green Zone is a heavily-fortified compound that houses government buildings. “The Secret Service is honest-to-god calling the most heavily fortified portion of DC the ‘Green Zone.’ Maybe by Wednesday it’ll just be ‘Mini Baghdad’ for maximum irony,” journalist Michael Tracey said.
2 days ago · ‘Green Zone’ in the heart of DC: Secret Service sets up lockdown perimeter days out from Biden’s inauguration as 20,000 National Guard troops mobilize, razor wire is installed and the National Mall is shut down to fortify Washington The Secret Service, who is in charge of all inauguration security, has released its restricted access plan, […]
1 day ago · American Military News reported on the increasing military build-up around the Nation's Capitol in Washington DC, reporting,"The Secret Service's Green Zone policy states that Vehicle t
1 day ago · — The Green Zone Posted on January 16, 2021 January 16, 2021 by stirlospace Residents survive in a city boarded up, with all the troops and a Baghdad-style Green-Zone…
Today · Some residents of Washington DC say the area around the US Capitol looks and feels like a Green Zone in Afghanistan. The organization of these tactics leads some to believe that the increased law enforcement isn’t really about protecting Joe Biden from angry Trump supporters, or is business as usual.